COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Cawthorne Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Cawthorne Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Cawthorne Q & A's

We are buying a rectory in York St Helen Stonegate. Is a chancel search necessary?

Your solicitor may suggest a chancel search, irrespective of the parish where the property being bought is found. In Cawthorne's much older areas, chancel repair may be apportioned on owners of a property where parish councils have previously chosen not to do so. In the event that chancel liability may apply, your solicitor might recommend insurance rather than pulling out of the purchase.

Might the costs for our conveyancing cover any hidden charges?

No. Homeward Legal's solicitors do not hide any hidden fees for Cawthorne conveyancing. A Homeward Legal conveyancing quote is an accurate price.

Are any conservation areas in Cawthorne likely to affect us?

Conservation areas secure areas of architectural or historic interest. You may wish to contact the local authority for more detail, but your solicitor will investigate this in detail during the property transaction.

Is a bankruptcy search a fee or disbursement?

Fees and disbursements should be identified on your conveyancing quote, with no additional costs in the terms and conditions. This charge is a disbursement not a fee, and is passed on to the buyer at cost.

What is the council tax on a terraced Band F house in Cawthorne?

In most cases a conveyancing report on title should give detail the appropriate Barnsley council tax band.

Council tax charges for properties in Cawthorne are detailed at the Barnsley local authority website. At the time of writing, 26 January 2013, rates for all bands are:

  • Band A - £939.00
  • Band B - £1,096.00
  • Band C - £1,252.00
  • Band D - £1,409.00
  • Band E - £1,722.00
  • Band F - £2,035.00
  • Band G - £2,348.00
  • Band H - £2,817.00

What do I provide to the solicitor on my house sale?

The list of documents required is quite simple, but will be required at different stages of the process (but ideally any forms should be completed and returned on the day of receipt and preferably delivered by hand or email).

  • Proof of id
  • Title deeds (if you have them; they might be lodged with the solicitor who handled the purchase of the property you are selling, or the mortgage company)
  • Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10)
  • Property Information Form (TA6) – information on boundaries, disputes and complaints with neighbours, notices and proposals, alterations and planning consents, building regulations, electricity and gas certificates, guarantees and warranties, insurance, environmental matters affecting the property, rights and informal arrangements, parking, other charges, services, connection to utilities and services, and transaction information
  • Copies of documents referenced in the PIF
  • Leasehold or shared freehold documents
  • Management Information Pack
  • Energy Performance Certificate

Providing all this documentation as quickly as possible, as well as responding to arising questions throughout the conveyancing within a couple of hours will help to speed the conclusion of your transaction up considerably.

If I’m renting out rooms in my house, do I need to appoint a solicitor?

No, you don’t, because there is no legal imperative for you to do so. However, it’s not as straightforward as simply leasing out a room to a renter because there are certain provisions that must be met in order to protect you as the renter and the person renting the room.

This depends on the room and where it is in the property, state of the plumbing, insurance, and a number of other factors. You’ll also need to draw up a tenancy agreement to ensure demarcation and rights for both parties. While you won’t necessarily need a solicitor involved, it’s worth contacting a letting agency who will have the experience and knowledge to ensure you have everything in place. Be aware that any advice you seek from professionals may come with a fee, so it would be worth shopping around first.