COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Woodthorpe Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Woodthorpe Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Woodthorpe Q & A's

We are buying in Woodthorpe on a new development former industrial site. Is the soil potentially contaminated by waste minerals like titanium?

With the history of industry in parts of Woodthorpe, soil contamination is unavoidable. Metal contamination of soil in Woodthorpe is more likely to occur near ex-industrial or waste handling sites. Data on other contaminants, like groundwater contamination, will also be included in an environmental search.

Does carry out the conveyancing for auction properties in Woodthorpe?

Our company is able to act on residential property auction procedures. Very often difficult to value auction lots e. g. investment properties, are sold at auction which need increased. Conveyancers therefore recommend that bidders instruct a conveyancing solicitor well in advance of the property auction date to allow for a review of the sellers pack.

Will my lawyer in Woodthorpe inform me about the cost of the council tax for a Band E townhouse before exchange?

A conveyancer will write to the council to reveal the latest council tax rates, which will then be set out in the conveyancer's title report. Up-to-date rates for properties in Woodthorpe are set out online at the Gedling local authority website. As at, 11 November 2012, rates are:

  • Band A - £1,060.00
  • Band B - £1,237.00
  • Band C - £1,414.00
  • Band D - £1,590.00
  • Band E - £1,944.00
  • Band F - £2,297.00
  • Band G - £2,651.00
  • Band H - £3,181.00

If there are outstanding works approved in the planning consent, can I still use it?

Generally speaking, planning permission legally has to have an expiry date, which is usually for a period of three years from approval for the building work to start (and not necessarily complete, unless the consent has a suitable caveat).

This means that the consent is against the property and the intended construction rather than the person who made the application. As such, if the planning consent remains within the expiry period, the agreement is transferrable to the new owner of the property.

Your solicitor will be able to provide further advice, once enquiries with the local authority have been satisfactorily completed as part of the conveyancing.

Is it practical to take care of the legal conveyancing process on our own.

Should you want to use the various books to steer you, you can definitely embark on the bulk of the your own conveyancing without formally instructing an instructed Woodthorpe conveyancer. Even more importantly DIY conveyancers do not have the correct cover that all firms and their solicitors are under a duty to carry.

What makes Woodthorpe property legal work to need such a long time?

Conveyancing may be lengthy, we, however, know how distracting such delays can be and aim to lessen the burden of these delays wherever reasonable by proactively handling all enquiries.

Can I agree a sale price without involving an estate agent or solicitor?

This depends on whether you have signed up with an estate agent and what agreement is already in place. While it might seem unfair if you’ve found a buyer outside of the estate agency process and you’re expected to still pay the agent their fees on sale, you should be very careful about stepping outside the agreed terms and conditions since this is legally binding and you may face penalties as a result. Therefore, if you want to follow this course, it’s worth checking the details with a solicitor to ensure you’re following the letter of the law.

If you’re not with an agent, you can publicise your house details with a number of publications and online sites (some are free, others require a fee), but you’ll need to do all the legwork and administration. For a legal standpoint, you don’t need to appoint a solicitor to perform the conveyancing, but it would be an unwise option to pursue as you will probably have neither the training or experience in some its complexities, and you won’t have the protective indemnity insurance in the event of a problem arising with your work.