There is no obligation, and you will see your quote online rather than having to wait for an email or call.

Which service do you require?

Fixed Fee Conveyancing
No-Completion protection*
Excellent Trustpilot rating
CQS accredited solicitors
Customer Helpline Mon-Sun


  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.

  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.

  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained





Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In West Moors Q & A's

How much time can conveyancing often require, in your opinion? We have a buyer ready.

The amount of time taken to buy or sell property will vary. This is affected by many aspects, for example, if management information is required. Homeward Legal work hard to ensure your transaction is undertaken as quickly as possible.

In about 6 weeks we are expecting to move out of our terraced residence in West Moors into a bigger home in Highcliffe , what is the best point to book a removals firm?

Most conveyancers usually suggest that you delay booking a removals company until such time as contracts have exchanged has occurred as usually an agreed moving date will not have been confirmed. If you are looking for a local company try Bournemouth Removals, Collingwood Road, West Moors, Wimborne, BH21 6QW on 01202 871808.

What can a West Moors property lawyer advise if the flat we am buying is located in a East Dorset planning authority conservation area which has out of place windows installed?

East Dorset local authority searches carried out by a property lawyer during the legal process should confirm the existence of suitable consent for any alterations to the building.

Which particular search enquiries should the conveyancer in West Moors order on a West Moors building?

The normal conveyancing protocol will be to obtain Local Authority (personal or official), Drainage Search (Con29DW), Environment Search, Tin Mining Search and China Search and perhaps less common searches, which might include Official Search of Part with Priority (OS2).

The home I’m buying has been empty for two years; what questions should I be asking the solicitor, the estate agent, and the surveyor?

If a home has been empty for a considerable period (such as the two years mentioned here), there’s usually a reason for it. There is estimated to be around a quarter of a million properties in the country that have been empty for more than 6 months.

The primary reason is that the owner hasn’t the funds to renovate the property, or they’ve started gutting the place and run out of money to take it further, or perhaps there’s been a significant problem (e.g. fire or flood are common instances). Most likely, these properties will come up at auction.

Your estate agent will be aware of its history if the property is on their books, so you can find out a lot from them, the council will have an empty property officer, and the Land Registry will have information on the deeds. As far as the solicitor is concerned, they will establish the position on the property as part of the conveyancing, while the surveyor will have experience of checking out such properties, with the advice that you order a Building Survey (the most detailed of the options) to check out its structural integrity. Note that mortgage lenders will be more reluctant to offer a loan on such homes.

Ultimately, the ball is in your court and, if you want to pursue buying such a property, you need to be prepared to do the research, which can take up a lot of time.

The moving process can be bewildering and stressful. Let Homeward Legal look after the legal side of things for you and we'll guide you through the process from start to end. Call 0800 038 6699 to find out more.

The survey revealed that no planning consent was obtained for an extension: What are the issues I’ll face?

The chartered surveyor inspecting the property will check any extensions or works that have occurred and highlight any concerns for the attention of your conveyancing solicitor, who will make enquiries with the local authority to establish whether the consents and building regulations are in place.

If the building regulations agreement is not in place, the vendor is not legally allowed to sell the property until they are, since the title deeds cannot be transferred to your ownership. If building requiring planning consent is present at the property but without proof of consent approval, the local authority might be willing to accept a retrospective approval, although this could take a long time, and, even then, they may instruct you, as the new owner, to return the building to its former state, which could be very costly.

Your solicitor will be able to advise you on the most appropriate course of action to take, including whether the retrospective planning or the reversal of building works can be renegotiated from the agreed sale price.