There is no obligation, and you will see your quote online rather than having to wait for an email or call.

Which service do you require?

Fixed Fee Conveyancing
No-Completion protection*
Excellent Trustpilot rating
CQS accredited solicitors
Customer Helpline Mon-Sun


  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.

  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.

  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained





Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Ystradgynlais Q & A's

What’s the difference between exchange of contracts and completion?

When you exchange contracts, this means that you are agreeing to all the terms drawn up within the contract made between you on one side of the transaction, and the opposite party on the other side. It is from this point that you are legally obliged to go through with the transaction (unless you want to be subject to financial and/or legal penalties).

The completion of contracts is the point where you officially take over ownership of the property, receive the keys and can move in. All monies are transferred between the various parties and the conveyancing solicitor contacts the Land Registry to register the change of ownership to you.

Confused by the jargon in conveyancing? Let Homeward Legal's straightforward and clear service help guide you to as early a completion as possible. Try our online quote generator or call us on 0800 038 6699.

I am intending to purchase a residence in Ystradgynlais. Is a chancel search needed?

Your property solicitor might recommend that a chancel search be taken out, whichever parish in which the property being purchased is found. Through some Parochial Church Councils have chosen to impose chancel repairs on the current owners of lay rectorships, it cannot be guaranteed that a parish which has not been subject to chancel liability in the past will remain liability-free for new owners, so it can be difficult to use this as a guide.

How do I determine whether the Ystradgynlais designated conservation area is being neglected?

Conservation areas are set up by the local authority (Powys) who manage the state of the area including things like poorly maintained public spaces, loft extensions and what can be developed. Following a campaign, English Heritage maintain details of the condition (poor to good) of conservation areas as well as the vulnerability to the area falling into disrepair.

Would getting a home buyers survey be required when buying property?

We strongly recommend that property purchasers book a property surveyor to perform a survey. A wide range of issues can affect a property, which include unsafe chimney circulation, and issues such as these are not likely to be investigated as part of the conveyancing itself.

I am anxious about the council tax charges on a Sixties detached house in Ystradgynlais, what are they?

Ordinarily, the title report will cover the appropriate Powys council tax band. Council tax rates for residents of Ystradgynlais are set out at the Powys local authority website. Currently on 07 November 2012 band rates are:

  • Band A - £778.85
  • Band B - £908.66
  • Band C - £1,038.47
  • Band D - £1,168.28
  • Band E - £1,427.90
  • Band F - £1,687.52
  • Band G - £1,947.13
  • Band H - £2,336.56

The survey revealed that no planning consent was obtained for an extension: What are the issues I’ll face?

The chartered surveyor inspecting the property will check any extensions or works that have occurred and highlight any concerns for the attention of your conveyancing solicitor, who will make enquiries with the local authority to establish whether the consents and building regulations are in place.

If the building regulations agreement is not in place, the vendor is not legally allowed to sell the property until they are, since the title deeds cannot be transferred to your ownership. If building requiring planning consent is present at the property but without proof of consent approval, the local authority might be willing to accept a retrospective approval, although this could take a long time, and, even then, they may instruct you, as the new owner, to return the building to its former state, which could be very costly.

Your solicitor will be able to advise you on the most appropriate course of action to take, including whether the retrospective planning or the reversal of building works can be renegotiated from the agreed sale price.

Is it recommended that I get searches for chancel liability if I am purchasing in Ystradgynlais next to a church?

In Ystradgynlais, some owners can be required to cover the cost of repairs to specific local church buildings. Following the Land Registration Act 2002, interest over any affected land must be registered by October 2013. A conveyancing solicitor will be able to advise further.