Your conveyancing quote in seconds

All of our fees are fixed and complete for standard conveyancing transactions, meaning you won’t pay any extra later on. We also have a ‘No Move, No Fee’ guarantee.

Which service do you require?

The Conveyancing
Process Explained

Read More

Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing in Almondsbury Q & A's

Profile photo of Lorraine Imhoff


Ask Lorraine a question lorraine@homewardlegal.co.uk

Updated: 22/07/17

Intending to moving to the Almondsbury area? Some useful local Almondsbury transport and public service information -

Almondsbury is very close at approximately 1/2 mile off the M5 junction entry 15 Southbound.

Almondsbury's closest airport is Bristol Airport. and the closest train station to Almondsbury is Patchway, about 2 miles away.

Southmead Bristol is a nearby hospital to Almondsbury.


How do I get fixed rate conveyancing in Almondsbury?


Numerous solicitors advertise cheap conveyancing, but extra costs are frequently hidden in the terms of engagement. Any additional charges which are listed in terms of engagement should be fair and clearly defined.


Does a Almondsbury property lawyer get any searches on the Gloucestershire Fifties terraced property we are buying?


The conventional procedure will be to get Local Authority Search, Drainage and Water Search (CON29DW or personal) and Environment Search, and possibly unique particular for example Bankruptcy Search (K16).


Is a house survey a good idea if we are purchasing property in Almondsbury?


Homeward Legal recommend that you instruct a RICS surveyor to undertake a survey if buying in Almondsbury. A range concerns can negatively affect a property, including dry rot.


If I buy a book about DIY conveyancing when buying a maisonette - Might it be reasonable to enact the legal conveyancing process on my own?

If you want to try, you can do the legal and technical work without formally instructing a qualified conveyancer in Almondsbury .


Naturally solicitors firms would suggest this is a risky approach as do it yourself conveyancers will not be covered by relevant professional indemnity insurance that lawyers must carry.


Would you address taking precautions to hold off paying for stamp duty to HM Revenue?


Stamp duty usually must be paid on residential property valued at over £125,000. Homeward Legal firmly advise against any stamp duty reduction scheme, because these schemes are highly expensive and can be very unlikely to succeed.


How is Almondsbury contaminated land checked when purchasing?


Many of contaminants caused by naturally-occurring factors can impair residential property in Almondsbury, and an environmental search should reveal whether a house may be affected by contaminants in the region like petroleum and fuel sites.


When should you instruct a solicitor to handle our sale?


If you choose a firm with 'no move, no fee' protection, instructing as early as possible is better. The legal work can then commence immediately. Instructing a firm early for a sale enables documents can be prepared earlier, considerably accelerating the whole process, whereas if you are buying you can shave days off the process by having the details of your instructed solicitor ready when you make an offer.


We are using a lender based in Gloucestershire, and need to know which Almondsbury lenders you work with. Which panels are you on?


Of lenders with offices near Almondsbury, we closely with many. Local mortgage lenders and brokers include St James Place, Beech House/Brotherswood Court/Great Pk Rd, Bradley Stoke, Bristol, BS32 4QW, and T W P Mortgages, 2 Townsend La, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4DY. The Almondsbury solicitor handling the work for your sale or purchase will be able to advise further.