COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Bletchley Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Bletchley Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Bletchley Q & A's

Does Homeward Legal administer the conveyancing of property auction properties in Bletchley?

We are very capable working with buyers and sellers at auction. Quite often hard to value auction lots are purchased in property auctions which require increased examination before committing. We therefore strongly advise purchasers to select a lawyer before the day of the auction to allow enough time for a thorough review. Thereafter, following the auction day itself the property conveyancing lawyer is utterly geared up to concluding the legal work within the usual 28 days as typically required by the terms if sale.

Is it advisable that I get searches for chancel liability? We are buying a Bletchley residence close by a church constructed around the 12th Century.

Potentially amounting to over £100,000 in repair cost obligations, chancel liability should be considered by buyers of Bletchley property likely to be affected. Indemnity policies can be arranged if chancel liability is likely to be enforced. A solicitor will be able to advise further. Bletchley church properties include Fenny Stratford St Martin, St Mary, Water Eaton St Frideswide and Whaddon Way Church.

Which local authority is responsible for Bletchley?

Bletchley is located in Milton Keynes Council, Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Milton Keynes, MK9 3HQ, contact: 01908 691 691

The home I’m buying has been empty for two years; what questions should I be asking the solicitor, the estate agent, and the surveyor?

If a home has been empty for a considerable period (such as the two years mentioned here), there’s usually a reason for it. There is estimated to be around a quarter of a million properties in the country that have been empty for more than 6 months.

The primary reason is that the owner hasn’t the funds to renovate the property, or they’ve started gutting the place and run out of money to take it further, or perhaps there’s been a significant problem (e.g. fire or flood are common instances). Most likely, these properties will come up at auction.

Your estate agent will be aware of its history if the property is on their books, so you can find out a lot from them, the council will have an empty property officer, and the Land Registry will have information on the deeds. As far as the solicitor is concerned, they will establish the position on the property as part of the conveyancing, while the surveyor will have experience of checking out such properties, with the advice that you order a Building Survey (the most detailed of the options) to check out its structural integrity. Note that mortgage lenders will be more reluctant to offer a loan on such homes.

Ultimately, the ball is in your court and, if you want to pursue buying such a property, you need to be prepared to do the research, which can take up a lot of time.

The moving process can be bewildering and stressful. Let Homeward Legal look after the legal side of things for you and we'll guide you through the process from start to end. Call 0800 038 6699 to find out more.

Is a stock transfer form fee passed on at cost?

Disbursements and fees ought to be identified on the quote for your conveyancing. This cost is a fee not a disbursement, and should be included in your quote.

What’s the difference between residential and commercial conveyancing?

In essence, there is very little difference between the tasks needed for residential conveyancing against commercial conveyancing. The real difference comes in the type of property and the purpose for which it is intended to be used.

The majority of residential transactions are freehold, whereas commercial transactions are almost exclusively leasehold, and commercial property conveyancing searches will tend to be more expensive because the structure and land will occupy a greater space on average than that for residential property.

I am buying a 1930s flat in a designated conservation area in Bletchley, where does one uncover more data in respect of the state of upkeep?

Conservation areas are created by the local Milton Keynes planning authority, who oversee things like property boundaries to the blockage of street clutter. English Heritage administer records of the state of repair of conservation areas.

If I am buying in the parish of Weston Underwood, will we need a chancel search?

Your Bletchley conveyancing solicitor is likely to recommend a chancel search. In Bletchley's much older areas, chancel repair dues can be collected on new owners of a property where Parochial Church Councils have previously chosen not to do so, so indemnity insurance may be advisable even if liability is unlikely.