Get an Instant 
Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Transfer of Equity in Brandon

A transfer of equity occurs when a property owner wishes to change the legal ownership of the property. Reasons include marriage, divorce and tax planning.

Homeward Legal's solicitors offer expert legal assistance with your transfer of equity.

Get an instant quote for a transfer of equity in Brandon.

Remortgage Solicitors Brandon

Homeward Legal's panel of solicitors carry out remortgage conveyancing for Brandon clients every week.

We strive to complete your remortgage legal work quickly, so that you benefit from your new mortgage deal as soon as possible.

Get an online Brandon solicitor remortgage quote to begin.

Speak to us

or call us: 0800 038 6699

The Conveyancing
Process Explained

Read More

Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing in Brandon Q & A's

Profile photo of Lorraine Imhoff


Ask Lorraine a question

Updated: 14/01/17

Brandon area information

Weeting Castle English Heritage and Grimes Graves English Heritage are situated in Brandon.

Brandon's closest airport is Cambridge City Airport (25 miles). The closest train station to Brandon is Brandon.

The nearest hospital is Swaffham Community.


How do I find the best conveyancing rates in Brandon for a £633,000 house?


Several law firms offer so-called cheap conveyancing quotes. Unfortunately extra fees are often hiding in the terms of engagement. Third party costs, termed disbursements, to be paid ought to be listed on your conveyancing quote Any costs listed in your solicitor's terms needs to be reasonable.


We have a found a £158,000 house to buy. How do we organise fast conveyancing?


It is a truism that a faster move is key is to employing a proactive conveyancer. There are, however, various jobs you as the buyer can also do, including, confirming your mortgage offer, promptly answering your conveyancer's questions and requesting regular updates from your conveyancer and keep the pressure on.


As a consequence of the extensive flooding in the UK in April 2012 we are wondering whether environmental searches might not be sufficient?


A qualified Brandon conveyancing solicitor will recommend that you get flood searches if the initial search establishes a the local Brandon flood risk

You can always get in touch with a close neighbour to get further confidence if still concerned.


If we plan to purchase in the parish of Little Horningsheath, do we need a chancel search?


Regardless of the Brandon parish in which you are purchasing, the solicitor is likely to recommend that a chancel search be ordered. Chancel repair can be imposed on owners of a property where

Parochial Church Councils have not imposed the same liability on the last owners, so indemnity insurance may be advisable even if liability is unlikely.


What authority is under obligation for logging the status of neglect conservation areas in Brandon and Brandon?


English Heritage, a government body, administer a list of the condition of conservation areas in Brandon and throughout England. Conservation areas are set up by the local Forest Heath planning authority, who preserve the state of the area including things like excessive road signs, non sympathetic doors and private spaces.


I must achieve a very fast sale, does your panel use fast property lawyers in Brandon ?


Homeward Legal adopts a highly efficient plan of attack to finishing the conveyancing process as fast as possible.

By utilising cutting edge land registry integrated systems .

We assign you a CQS conveyancer qualified to communicate by phone and email with everyone in the buyer and seller chain e.g. mortgage lenders, to bring about a quick completion.


What length of time should I expect it to take our assigned conveyancer to handle all of the legal formalities on a detached home?


Completion can take anywhere between a month and three months depending on any number of things e.g. the speed of the vendor's conveyancing solicitor, or whether your solicitor has to act for your lender. Our highly solicitors are notably results driven completing in as short a time as achievable.


Would you recommend that we get a chancel liability search if you are buying in Brandon on the same road as a church?


In Brandon, where land was once owned by a lay rectors, new owners of that property may be obliged to contribute towards upkeep of local churches. Following a change in the law, interest over any affected land must be registered by October 2013. This will make it easier to identify affected property through a chancel search. Your solicitor will suggest an appropriate indemnity policy to address chancel liability. Church properties in the area which may give rise to chancel liability include Chapel, St John the Evangelist and with Wangford, St Peter & St Denys.