Bridgend Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Your conveyancing quote in seconds

All of our fees are fixed and complete for standard conveyancing transactions, meaning you won’t pay any extra later on. We also have a ‘No Move, No Fee’ guarantee, and are available 7 days a week to answer any questions you have.

Which service do you require?

The Conveyancing
Process Explained

Read More

Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing in Bridgend Q & A's

Profile photo of Lorraine Imhoff


Ask Lorraine a question

Updated: 16/10/17

Transport and public service information if you’re buying or selling residential property in Bridgend -

By road: Bridgend is served by the M4, A48, A4061 and A4063. By rail: The nearest train station is Bridgend. By air: The closest airports to Bridgend are Cardiff Airport (17 miles), and Swansea Airport (30 miles).

Hospital: Princess of Wales, Coity Road, Bridgend, CF31 1RQ. Council: Bridgend County Borough Council (

Attractions: Newcastle Castle, Parc Slip Nature Reserve, Tusker Rock, Bryngarw Country Park, and Merthyr Mawr Sand Dunes.


Do Homeward Legal get involved in the conveyancing of auction properties in Bridgend?

Yes, we do. Homeward Legal’s auction experts have frequently been instructed by both sellers and buyers for the conveyancing work on properties in both local and national auctions. For the best auction experience, it is critical that you appoint your solicitor as soon as is practical and far in advance of the auction day. This allows the legal work to be started, and, for sales, for sellers’ packs to be prepared, or, in the case of buying a property, for the paperwork on the prospective purchase to be reviewed. With your solicitor completely briefed, the conveyancing can then be completed well within the legally-stipulated four-week timeframe following the auction. Try our quote calculator, or call our team of auction experts on 0800 038 6699 to obtain your fixed-fee quote.


As our move to Bridgend is an expensive business, we need to cut costs where possible. We’ve heard about schemes to avoid paying stamp duty, but how do we go about taking advantage of them?

Stamp duty avoidance schemes are very risky and uneconomic. Homeward Legal therefore strongly advises that you don’t get involved with any of them. If the scheme fails, you could be liable for a financial penalty of up to 100% of the stamp duty, plus the amount of the outstanding duty, which could run into thousands of pounds. The government occasionally runs legitimate schemes to assist home-buyers (such as relief for first-time purchasers). Your solicitor will be able to tell you if any such schemes are in operation, and, if so, whether you are eligible.


In about four weeks, we are hoping to move from our detached home in Bridgend into a house in Blaenau Gwent, but what is the right point to line up a house removal firm?

It is very tempting to appoint all the firms and people involved in your move early on in the process, because with the excitement of your move, that makes it feel more real. While appointing a solicitor early is key to a smooth and swift transaction, the opposite is largely true with removals firms. Because your move date is not fixed until the exchange of contracts, to pencil in a date for removals prior to that is risky, since they may charge you a rearrangement fee.


What will be the SDLT be for a £320,000 residence I am purchasing in Bridgend?

The Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) rate depends on a number of factors but principally on the price you bought your property for. If your building was purchased for under £125,000, you will not have to pay any stamp duty. In the example cited, the duty owed would be £6,000 on a property bought for £320,000. Note that the government’s budgeting and housing policies may change the rate or the trigger value. You might wish to use a stamp duty calculator like the one at


Of the main Bridgend mortgage lenders, which have joined your panel?

Our solicitors have a vast amount of experience working with the majority of the Bridgend lenders listed with the Council of Mortgage Lenders. A number of mortgage specialists operate in Bridgend, such as:

  • Willows Finance Ltd., 6 Bank Buildings, Bridgend, CF31 3SB
  • NatWest Bank PLC, 28 Adare Street, Bridgend, CF31 1EN
  • Financial Solutions Unlimited, Wyndham House, 1 Wyndham Street, Bridgend, CF31 1EF

The lawyer handling the work for your Bridgend purchase or sale should be able to advise further.


What is the council tax on a Sixties, terraced property in Pencoed?

Your appointed solicitor, as one of the common components of the conveyancing process, will contact the civic authority responsible for council tax (here Bridgend County Borough Council) to ascertain the precise band and the tax rates you will be required to pay. This information will be detailed in the report on title. For the 2016/2017 tax year, Pencoed’s rates were:

  • Band A - £1,032.45
  • Band B - £1,204.52
  • Band C - £1,376.80
  • Band D - £1,548.67
  • Band E - £1,892.82
  • Band F - £2,236.97
  • Band G - £2,581.12
  • Band H - £3,097.34
  • Band I - £3,613.57

Retrieved 2 March 2017


Will a property survey be required if we are buying a residential property in Merthyr Mawr?

Homeward Legal supports the position of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, which advises property-buyers to order a structural survey. There can be many unforeseen issues with a house that might affect the purchase, such as insect infestation, falling roof timbers, broken drainage and so on. These are not part of the remit of the conveyancing process, so it makes sense to instruct a building surveyor for peace of mind.


For a speedy exchange and completion on the purchase of a £326,000 Bridgend property, what should we do to guarantee the acceleration of the transaction?

Key to an increase in the pace of the conveyancing transaction is to instruct a property lawyer as early as possible. When choosing a property lawyer, you should consider these questions:

  • Do they offer 'no move, no fee' protection? This can incentivise a faster transaction.
  • Do they offer 'instant' online quotes?
  • Are phone, fax and email their preferred methods of contact?

Homeward Legal offers this and more. To discuss your needs and to obtain your fixed-fee, ‘No Move, No Fee’-guaranteed quote, contact our team on 0800 038 6699.


Is a home in Maesteg East eligible for disadvantaged area stamp duty relief?


Disadvantaged areas are identified by ward, and impacted wards currently include Caerau, Bettws, Blackmill, Llangeinor, Blaengarw, Cornelly, Maesteg West, Morfa, Nantyffyllon, St. Bride's Minor, Pontycymmer, Nant-y-moel, Pyle, Maesteg East, Ogmore Vale and Cefn Cribwr. Update: As of the 2013/14 tax year, stamp duty relief for disadvantaged areas is no longer available.


How is stamp duty assessed and what amount should we budget for a £1.108mil property?


The SDLT owed will depend on the purchase price. On a £1.108mil property, stamp duty will be £55400.*

*Accurate 17/02/2013


Do get involved in the conveyancing of residential property auction properties in Bridgend?


Yes - Our property lawyers regularly do the legal conveyancing sellers at auction. Our highly qualified property lawyers have previously been instructed by numerous buyers and sellers at national and local auctions, for example Acuitus, Allsop (Commercial), Allsop (Residential), Auction House London, Award Property, Barnett Ross, Baxtons, Brendons Auctioneers, Countrywide Property Auctions and Drivers Norris.

Prepared purchasers will appoint an experienced solicitor as early as possible for a detailed investigation of the sellers legal pack prior to the auction day.

After the day of the auction your instructed conveyancing lawyer is fully prepared for finishing the conveyancing within a month as usually required .


I have read about the flooding in 2012 I am concerned that flood searches may not be detailed enough?


Flood searches handled by the property solicitor in Bridgend will include the more thorough search (Landmark) if the risk warrants it.

If you are still apprehensive you can get in touch with a neighbour or local Wales flood damage builder try: Property Sprayers, Parc Lodge Bryntirion Hill, Bridgend, CF31 4DA Tel: 01656 663290.


Will a local Bridgend property lawyer carry out official or personal searches on my home purchase?


The conveyancing solicitor will make a recommendation as to the most appropriate type of search, depending on factors like local authority turnaround times. If personal searches are used a solicitor will try to find a local search company like Homeinfo UK Ltd t/a Search Direct South Wales, GWS Legal Services & BIRR Legal Services, ConveyIT House, 28 Coity Road, Bridgend, CF31 1LR Tel: 01656 651234 Fax: 01656 664010


How will my Bridgend lawyer report back on the risk and history of floods in Bridgend for a Regency maisonette I am buying?


Your conveyancing solicitor conducts environmental searches that will include Bridgend area flood risk data. A more thorough flood risk search (most likely a Landmark Database search) could be recommended by the Bridgend lawyer if the results of the initial searches highlight a flood risk.


Would getting a property survey be required if we are buying residential property?


Homeward Legal advise that you book a property surveyor to perform a survey. A range defects will impact a property. These can include wet rot or cracks in walls, and these will not be addressed by your conveyancing solicitor.