COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Bungay Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Bungay Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Bungay Q & A's

What is the council tax on a Sixties semi-detached Band C house in Bungay?

You will find your new house's council tax band with the conveyancing report on title. The correct rates for properties in Bungay are detailed at the Waveney local authority website. On 16 March 2013 rates for all bands are:

  • Band A - £969.00
  • Band B - £1,131.00
  • Band C - £1,292.00
  • Band D - £1,454.00
  • Band E - £1,777.00
  • Band F - £2,100.00
  • Band G - £2,423.00
  • Band H - £2,908.00

What should I do about the transfer of ownership of the utility billing?

It is the responsibility of the former owners to inform the utilities firms (gas, electricity, water, etc.) that they are moving.

You should give your current suppliers at least 48 hours’ notice that you’re moving home and, when you leave your old property, you should take all the necessary readings and send them to your old supplier(s) along with your forwarding address, so that they can send you a final bill and sort out any credit you might be owed.

You should give your new utility suppliers at least 48 hours giving your personal details for the new property. When you move into your new property, you should take all the readings again and send them to the new suppliers so that they have a record of where to start the bills running.

I am planning on buying a renovated maisonette in the middle of a conservation area, where can I find more information about the state of upkeep of the conservation area?

Following a campaign, English Heritage have put together a list of the condition (poor to good) of conservation areas.

Conservation areas are nominated by the local Waveney planning authority, who preside over everything from property boundaries to the hindrance of poorly maintained roads.

A right of way on the property I’m buying is redundant, but how do I get it removed from the deeds and registry?

A right of way through the grounds of a property is probably an inheritance before other building in the vicinity occurred that has since made the passage through redundant.

But, while having the right of way registered with the deeds means that feasibly someone could insist that they use it (as their public right), but, if they can’t access where the right of way originally led, it makes it a pointless activity.

It’s so unlikely that anyone will want to do this that you have to weigh up the cost of the legal process to get the right of way officially removed against not proceeding. However, if you are at all worried, talk to your solicitor so that it can be investigated further as part of the conveyancing, at which point they can guide you on the appropriate action and the associated costs (this will be in addition to the standard fees for the conveyancing and your solicitor will advise of this additional cost).

Homeward Legal's solicitors provide transparent quotes, detailing what is included in the fees and disbursements and will help with estimates for additional legal work. So, now is the best time to get your conveyancing under way on 0800 038 6699.

Would you confirm taking precautions to get out of paying stamp duty to the Revenue?

SDLT commonly must be paid for houses sold for more than £125,000. Homeward Legal do not advise property buyers risk any stamp duty scheme. These schemes are expensive and , if the scheme fails, you may be charged a penalty of up to 100% of the stamp duty amount owed.

We need to complete this property purchase as soon as possible, can we organise fast conveyancing?

As is often argued, fast Bungay conveyancing is essential to instruct a experienced conveyancing solicitor. Furthermore, there are several tasks you as the buyer can also do, such as, pushing the conveyancing solicitor to begin enquiries as soon as possible, responding to all correspondence via the fastest means and clarifying your mortgage lender's requirements.

Should we get a chancel search if we are intending to purchase in the parish of Gorleston, near Bungay?

A property lawyer is likely to recommend a chancel search, whichever parish where the house being bought is found. In older areas of Bungay, chancel repair may be apportioned on owners of a house where parish councils may have not done so in the past, so indemnity insurance may be advisable even if liability is unlikely.