COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Christchurch Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Christchurch Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Christchurch Q & A's

What search enquiries will the Christchurch solicitor order when acting on a Christchurch building?

The standard legal protocol is to get Local Authority (council), Drainage and Water Search (CON29DW), Environmental, Tin Search and Clay Search as well as any specific local Christchurch searches e.g. a SIM Search.

What do I do if new and severe damage is found after moving in?

You should reasonably expect the home into which you’re moving to be cleared, clean and without additional damage. Of course, things can happen as removals can chip plaster, scratch or tear wallpaper, etc., but if there is significant damage that was not present before, it would be advisable to talk to your solicitor to see if there is any recourse for you on your seller.

You may also like to think about writing a clause into the contract that money will only be released after a cursory inspection of the premises to confirm that you are happy. This needs to be agreed with the seller’s solicitor, but the expectation is already raised. Beware that, in the chaos of the moving day, you can’t afford to delay things too much, so it’s a fine balance.

Should we get a chancel liability search? We are buying a property in Christchurch.

Owners of property in Christchurch may be subject to chancel repair liability. Parochial Church Councils in Christchurch must register their interest over property by October 2013, simplifying the chancel search process. Christchurch churches where a chancel search may be appropriate include All Saints, Mudeford, Holy Trinity, St George, Stourvale and St John.

Is Homeward Legal able to complete fast residential property auction conveyancing in Christchurch?

Yes - In fact we prepare legal packs for vendors and often act for bidders at auction. Our highly qualified solicitors and conveyancers have been instructed by countless bidders at local Christchurch property auctions such as Acuitus, Allsop (Commercial), Allsop (Residential), Auction House London, Award Property, Barnett Ross, Baxtons, Brendons Auctioneers, Countrywide Property Auctions and Drivers Norris.

Prepared buyers always instruct a SRA regulated lawyer asap so there is time for a review of the auction pack prior to the auction day.

Following the auction day your chosen property lawyer is fully focused on concluding the legal work in the usual 28 days as typically required .

How can I buy the freehold of the building in which I’m purchasing a flat?

When you buy a leasehold flat (usually for a lease lasting a long time), it means that you don’t own the building or the land on which it is built. If you want to buy the freehold of the building (either yourself or with other flat-owners), you’ll need to meet a few legal criteria before that can happen (such as the number of flats, the purpose to which the majority of the building is put to, and the number of flat-owners willing to by the freehold).

One additional point to note is that the shorter the lease on any flat, the greater the price of the freehold is likely to be.

You should talk to other residents about your plan as well as finding out how much the freehold will be and getting a professional valuation. Once you are in a position to move ahead, you’ll need to appoint a solicitor to manage the legal aspect of the planned purchase.

Homeward Legal's solicitors are well-versed in dealing with all types of freehold and leasehold purchases. So call us now on 0800 038 6699 and we'll guide you through the process and assign you to one of the best solicitors.

Do fixtures and fittings include things like built-in wardrobes?

There is no legal definition of fixtures and fittings, leading to potential for frustration after a sale completes. Conveyancing solicitors recommend a formal fixtures and fittings form to avoid later disagreements and will save much anxiety later in the conveyancing process..

If I’m renting out rooms in my house, do I need to appoint a solicitor?

No, you don’t, because there is no legal imperative for you to do so. However, it’s not as straightforward as simply leasing out a room to a renter because there are certain provisions that must be met in order to protect you as the renter and the person renting the room.

This depends on the room and where it is in the property, state of the plumbing, insurance, and a number of other factors. You’ll also need to draw up a tenancy agreement to ensure demarcation and rights for both parties. While you won’t necessarily need a solicitor involved, it’s worth contacting a letting agency who will have the experience and knowledge to ensure you have everything in place. Be aware that any advice you seek from professionals may come with a fee, so it would be worth shopping around first.