COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Fareham Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Fareham Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Fareham Q & A's

Will we need a chancel search if I am buying in the parish of Hurstbourne Tarrant?

Your property lawyer might recommend a chancel search. In Fareham's much older areas, chancel repair may be imposed on new owners of a property where Parochial Church Councils may have spared previous owners or tenants, so the solicitor will be unable to make any guarantees, and will recommend insurance.

What environmental concerns will contaminate land in Fareham, and should they be an issue?

Many of contaminants can harm the resale value of property in Fareham, like waste disposal sites. An environmental search can give more clarity. Lee-on-solent Quarry, Sandhills Lane, Hampshire, PO13 9PHcould be a local cause of land contamination in Fareham.

What do I provide to the solicitor on my house sale?

The list of documents required is quite simple, but will be required at different stages of the process (but ideally any forms should be completed and returned on the day of receipt and preferably delivered by hand or email).

  • Proof of id
  • Title deeds (if you have them; they might be lodged with the solicitor who handled the purchase of the property you are selling, or the mortgage company)
  • Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10)
  • Property Information Form (TA6) – information on boundaries, disputes and complaints with neighbours, notices and proposals, alterations and planning consents, building regulations, electricity and gas certificates, guarantees and warranties, insurance, environmental matters affecting the property, rights and informal arrangements, parking, other charges, services, connection to utilities and services, and transaction information
  • Copies of documents referenced in the PIF
  • Leasehold or shared freehold documents
  • Management Information Pack
  • Energy Performance Certificate

Providing all this documentation as quickly as possible, as well as responding to arising questions throughout the conveyancing within a couple of hours will help to speed the conclusion of your transaction up considerably.

Does the Fareham conveyancing solicitor apply for any searches on the Hampshire Sixties mid terrace property I am purchasing

The common procedure is to get Local Authority (personal or official), Drainage Search (Con29DW) and Environmental as well as any area-specific searches, like a Flood Risk search.

Can I change the purpose of use for a purchase as part of the conveyancing procedure?

Putting in a planning request to change the use of part or all of a property is a straightforward process and you can deal directly with the local authority, which authorises plans and requests. However, tying it in with a planned purchase of a property has its own problems, since you don’t yet formally own the property, and the length of time to get through the planning process (with no guarantee of success) will need to be factored into the purchase duration, which the seller may not agree to.

We would advise you to either buy the property and then put in the planning request after completion (or exchange at the very earliest), or buy a property that’s already fit for your purposes. Or you might be lucky to find a property that already has the relevant planning consents in place.

We are buying a property where the seller looks to have fitted unseemly artificial stone cladding in Fareham which I think may break nearby conservation area guidelines

Your solicitor will make enquiries to find out if your new home is located within a designated conservation area, and if so whether any modifications have the necessary consent from the Fareham council. In the event that no authority consents be produced, your solicitor will recommend the best alternative e.g. seeking cover from an indemnity policy or seeking retrospective consent from the appropriate local authority.

How does a Fareham solicitor advise me on the risk and history of local flooding around Fareham?

A vital part of the legal due diligence process involves a lawyer carrying out conveyancing and environmental searches that provide you with certain details on the Fareham area flood risk.

The lender will be Accord Mortgages Ltd, is there anything I need to be aware of?

Prior to recent changes, almost all conveyancing solicitors could act for the large mortgage lenders. Purchasers should be aware that a small number of lenders have limited the firms who can act for them, which may result in increased conveyancing costs for purchasers. Homeward Legal are able to act for the majority of UK mortgage lenders.