Get an Instant 
Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Transfer of Equity in Garstang

A transfer of equity occurs when a property owner wishes to change the legal ownership of the property. Reasons include marriage, divorce and tax planning.

Homeward Legal's solicitors offer expert legal assistance with your transfer of equity.

Get an instant quote for a transfer of equity in Garstang.

Remortgage Solicitors Garstang

Homeward Legal's panel of solicitors carry out remortgage conveyancing for Garstang clients every week.

We strive to complete your remortgage legal work quickly, so that you benefit from your new mortgage deal as soon as possible.

Get an online Garstang solicitor remortgage quote to begin.

Speak to us

or call us: 0800 038 6699

The Conveyancing
Process Explained

Read More

Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing in Garstang Q & A's

Profile photo of Clarisa McMahon


Ask Clarisa a question

Updated: 04/12/16

Read about the Garstang area ;

The nearest station to Garstang is Salwick. Garstang's nearest airport is Blackpool International Airport.

Swillbrook, Preston Priory is the neighbouring hospital.


I need to find a property lawyer that offers cheap conveyancing in Garstang. because we are on a limited budget.


Numerous firms promote 'the cheapest conveyancing quotes', but extra charges are frequently hidden in the small print that unknowing homeowners have not reviewed


For a home valued at £988k. What will be calculated for SDLT?


The Stamp Duty Land Tax owed will rely on the purchase price. It is £39520 on a £988k home.


What does the Garstang conveyancing solicitor recommend if the building is in a Wyre local authority conservation area that possibly has conspicuous windows added?


The local authority searches conducted by your Garstang property lawyer as part of the conveyancing will ascertain the existence of the appropriate council approval for any alterations to the building.


How might the sale conveyancing process be so drawn out?


Conveyancing in Garstang may take more time than budgeted. We do our best to minimise the impact of these delays by using fast search providers. Reasons for delay include the time taken to return management information.


What authority keeps records for monitoring the condition of Garstang conservation areas?


Local Garstang conservation areas e.g. public spaces, removal of chimney stacks or street posts are handled by the local authority (Wyre). Following a campaign, English Heritage have conducted a survey and created records of the state of repair of conservation areas.


Does my conveyancing solicitor in Garstang report back to me about the amount to be paid of council tax on a Band H building prior to exchange?


Your property's relevant council tax band will commonly be set out in the conveyancing report on title along with the local council

The correct rates for properties in Garstang are tabled on the Wyre local authority website. As at, 22 September 2012, rates for all bands are:

  • Band A - £1,007.00
  • Band B - £1,175.00
  • Band C - £1,343.00
  • Band D - £1,511.00
  • Band E - £1,847.00
  • Band F - £2,183.00
  • Band G - £2,519.00
  • Band H - £3,022.00


Which local authority looks after Garstang?


Garstang is located in Wyre Borough Council, Civic Centre, Breck Road, Poulton- le- Fylde, Lancashire, FY6 7PU, Call: 01253 891 000


We are on a deadline and would like organise a fast purchase, what can we do to speed up the conveyancing process?


Contacting a proactive property lawyer is crucial to fast conveyancing. You should consider:

  • Do they use email as the preferred mode of communication?
  • Did you experience any delays when requesting a quote?
  • Will they work on a 'no sale, no fee' basis?