Following the latest Government advice on home moving during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak, find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey. 

Quote Me!

Gorton Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Gorton Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Gorton Q & A's

Co-operative Bank is our mortgage lender - what do I need to be aware of?

In some cases, lenders have reduced the number of firms on their approved panel, which may result in increased legal costs for property buyers. Homeward Legal can act on behalf of many lenders so that you will not be required to pay the lender's legal fees.

Should I organize a private purchase of items on the Fixtures and Fittings form?

This would be very unwise as the Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10) forms part of the contract, and it lists all the items that the seller is planning to leave at the property with an agreed price for anything they want money for.

To try to organise a private sale outside of this clear and controlled process may result in difficulties later on in the process, which is precisely why this form is in place. If you want something to remain that’s not listed on the Fixtures and Fittings Form, raise a query through your solicitor so that negotiations may be formally carried out.

Worried about what your responsibilities are in the legal side of your move? Let Homeward Legal help with their experience and low fixed fees. Call our team now on 0800 038 6699.

Do we need a chancel search if we are purchasing on the same road as church grounds in Gorton?

Owners of property in Gorton may be subject to chancel repair liability. Following the Land Registration Act 2002, interest over any affected land must be registered by October 2013. Your conveyancing lawyer can provide more details. Gorton church properties where chancel liability may apply include St James and St. Philip's Church.

Of main Gorton mortgage lenders, who is on your panel?

The Homeward Legal group are able to work with the majority of lenders serving Gorton purchasers. Lenders and mortgage specialists in Gorton include Europa, 5 Byrom Pde, Manchester, M19 3HH, Lancashire, 90 Harley St, Manchester, M11 1AU, and UK Mortgages & Loans, Stockport Rd, Manchester, M19 3NN.

Our estate agent in Gorton has referred a property solicitor that they have used before. Is it risky to instruct this firm?

Many estate agents have referral deals with solicitors where they refer conveyancing clients to them, however, such referrals need to be weighed up against alternatives, as the agent may recommend the solicitor willing to pay the highest referral fee, not a firm with local expertise and a solid reputation.

How do we calculate stamp duty, and what should we budget for a £645000 Gorton residence?

The Stamp Duty which will be owed will rely on the valuation. It is £25800 on a £645000 home.

What will contaminate land in Gorton, and should they be an issue?

Land will be contaminated by several natural causes, such as nearby electrical substations. An environmental search will reveal this in more detail.

What’s the difference between exchange of contracts and completion?

When you exchange contracts, this means that you are agreeing to all the terms drawn up within the contract made between you on one side of the transaction, and the opposite party on the other side. It is from this point that you are legally obliged to go through with the transaction (unless you want to be subject to financial and/or legal penalties).

The completion of contracts is the point where you officially take over ownership of the property, receive the keys and can move in. All monies are transferred between the various parties and the conveyancing solicitor contacts the Land Registry to register the change of ownership to you.

Confused by the jargon in conveyancing? Let Homeward Legal's straightforward and clear service help guide you to as early a completion as possible. Try our online quote generator or call us on 0800 038 6699.