Your conveyancing quote in seconds

All of our fees are fixed and complete for standard conveyancing transactions, meaning you won’t pay any extra later on. We also have a ‘No Move, No Fee’ guarantee.

Which service do you require?

The Conveyancing
Process Explained

Read More

Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing in Lancashire Q & A's

Profile photo of Lorraine Imhoff


Ask Lorraine a question lorraine@homewardlegal.co.uk

Updated: 17/04/17

Local area services information and addresses ;

Lancashire's closest train station is Lancaster at 9 miles. The nearest airport to Lancashire is Blackpool International Airport (21 miles).

Lancaster, Ridge Lea is a nearby hospital.


I am looking for the cheapest conveyancing solicitors, we are on a tight budget.


Various firms claim to offer theoretically cheap conveyancing, however additional charges are often hiding in the solicitor's terms of engagement which buyers and sellers may have not read carefully A conveyancing quote should also state any disbursements. Charges ought to be reasonable and clear and only come into force where the solicitor must complete unanticipated additional work , which could not be anticipated at the start of the process. The online quote calculator can generate an accurate statement of the legal fees for the property you plan to buy.


In what ways does my conveyancing solicitor in Lancashire report back on the risk and history of possible flooding in the Lancashire area?


A necessary component in the conveyancing protocol involves your lawyer applying for environmental searches that set out information on the subject of Lancashire flood risk area. In certain cases the Lancashire conveyancing solicitor may possibly advocate a significantly more in-depth flood search.


Is it recommended that we get a chancel search? I am purchasing on the same street as a church built in the 1600s in Lancashire.

Where land in Lancashire was once owned by a lay-rector, new owners of that property may be obliged to pay for repairs to churches. Parochial Church Councils in Lancashire must register their interest over property by October 2013, simplifying the chancel search process. Your solicitor can provide more details.


Might the legal fees have any additional fees?


Homeward Legal do not hide any additional costs for standard conveyancing legal work. Our quotes offer an single, accurate fee.


What can my conveyancing searches be?


With Homeward Legal's conveyancing service, clients buying a property required to pay at a maximum £249 for the standard search bundle. Searches are paid out to a 3rd party.


I have read about the major flooding in Sept 2012 in North West England I am concerned that flood risk searches might not be sufficient?


Conveyancing searches (environmental) carried out by the Lancashire conveyancer will include the more thorough search (Landmark) if required.

If you are apprehensive you might try to get in touch with a next door neighbour.


Do we need to get a house survey for this Lancashire home purchase?


It is heavily suggested that the majority of purchasers in Lancashire arrange a property survey when buying in Lancashire. There are a wide range of issues which can affect a property, which a conveyancing solicitor will not report on. These include roof spread and unsafe chimney circulation.


What is the council tax on a converted Band E house in Lancashire?


The relevant council tax band should typically be highlighted as part of the conveyancer's title report, as well as by the governing local authority Up-to-date rates for properties in Lancashire are tabled at the Ribble Valley council website. At the time of authoring on 07 August 2012 the different rates are:

  • Band A - £986.00
  • Band B - £1,150.00
  • Band C - £1,315.00
  • Band D - £1,479.00
  • Band E - £1,808.00
  • Band F - £2,137.00
  • Band G - £2,465.00
  • Band H - £2,958.00