Property solicitors in Llandrindod Wells get formal property conveyancing searches when they are acting for a purchaser, but which actual searches?
If you are obtaining a mortgage, your lender insist that at least these searches - Local Authority, Drainage and Water Search and Environment Search, and possibly less common searches such as Company Searches.
What do I provide to the solicitor on my house sale?
The list of documents required is quite simple, but will be required at different stages of the process (but ideally any forms should be completed and returned on the day of receipt and preferably delivered by hand or email).
- Proof of id
- Title deeds (if you have them; they might be lodged with the solicitor who handled the purchase of the property you are selling, or the mortgage company)
- Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10)
- Property Information Form (TA6) – information on boundaries, disputes and complaints with neighbours, notices and proposals, alterations and planning consents, building regulations, electricity and gas certificates, guarantees and warranties, insurance, environmental matters affecting the property, rights and informal arrangements, parking, other charges, services, connection to utilities and services, and transaction information
- Copies of documents referenced in the PIF
- Leasehold or shared freehold documents
- Management Information Pack
- Energy Performance Certificate
Providing all this documentation as quickly as possible, as well as responding to arising questions throughout the conveyancing within a couple of hours will help to speed the conclusion of your transaction up considerably.
Which local authority is responsible for Llandrindod Wells?
Llandrindod Wells is located in Powys County Council, County Hall, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5LG, Tel: 0845 055 2155
I have requested a conveyancing quote from you. Will we be expected to pay any hidden fees?
It is unfortunate that buyers must be on their guard for considerable extra costs hidden in small print. Homeward Legal's solicitors never hide any extra, hidden fees. Some solicitors' firms will give a low estimate, not an accurate quote, meaning that you could pay much more when you complete.
What factors will impact land in Llandrindod Wells. Are they an issue?
Many of contaminants caused by environmental concerns may ruin residential property in Llandrindod Wells, like proposed erection of mobile masts and landfill sites. An environmental search will give more information.
Should I organize a private purchase of items on the Fixtures and Fittings form?
This would be very unwise as the Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10) forms part of the contract, and it lists all the items that the seller is planning to leave at the property with an agreed price for anything they want money for.
To try to organise a private sale outside of this clear and controlled process may result in difficulties later on in the process, which is precisely why this form is in place. If you want something to remain that’s not listed on the Fixtures and Fittings Form, raise a query through your solicitor so that negotiations may be formally carried out.
Worried about what your responsibilities are in the legal side of your move? Let Homeward Legal help with their experience and low fixed fees. Call our team now on 0800 038 6699.
How much will charge for the searches come to?
The cost of searches for a purchase in Llandrindod Wells varies somewhat, depending on the searches required. Searches are paid out to a 3rd party, and are charged 'at cost'.