COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Newent Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Newent Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Newent Q & A's

Which local authority is responsible for Newent?

Newent is located in Forest of Dean District Council, Council Offices, High Street, Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16 8BH, contact: 01594 810 000

Does our Newent conveyancer report back to me about the amount to be paid of council tax on a Band C property before exchange of contracts?

The property's pertinent council tax band will conventionally be set out within the report on title, and by the local council. The latest tax charges for properties in Newent are set out online at the Forest of Dean local authority site. As of 17 June 2012 rates for all bands are:

  • Band A - £1,006.00
  • Band B - £1,174.00
  • Band C - £1,342.00
  • Band D - £1,509.00
  • Band E - £1,845.00
  • Band F - £2,180.00
  • Band G - £2,516.00
  • Band H - £3,019.00

Do you recommend your solicitors to advise on residential property auction conveyancing in Newent?

Our company commonly get instructed by bidders at auction. Our specialist solicitors and conveyancers have in the past been instructed by many vendors at local Newent auctions, for example Acuitus, Allsop (Commercial), Allsop (Residential), Auction House London, Award Property, Barnett Ross, Baxtons, Brendons Auctioneers, Countrywide Property Auctions and Drivers Norris.

Shrewd bidders always select their chosen property lawyer as early as possible so there is time for a detailed investigation of the auction legal papers prior to the date of the auction. Immediately following the property auction you are the conveyancing solicitor must be prepared for get through the purchase legal work within 28 days, a requirement of conditions of sale.

The home I’m buying has been empty for two years; what questions should I be asking the solicitor, the estate agent, and the surveyor?

If a home has been empty for a considerable period (such as the two years mentioned here), there’s usually a reason for it. There is estimated to be around a quarter of a million properties in the country that have been empty for more than 6 months.

The primary reason is that the owner hasn’t the funds to renovate the property, or they’ve started gutting the place and run out of money to take it further, or perhaps there’s been a significant problem (e.g. fire or flood are common instances). Most likely, these properties will come up at auction.

Your estate agent will be aware of its history if the property is on their books, so you can find out a lot from them, the council will have an empty property officer, and the Land Registry will have information on the deeds. As far as the solicitor is concerned, they will establish the position on the property as part of the conveyancing, while the surveyor will have experience of checking out such properties, with the advice that you order a Building Survey (the most detailed of the options) to check out its structural integrity. Note that mortgage lenders will be more reluctant to offer a loan on such homes.

Ultimately, the ball is in your court and, if you want to pursue buying such a property, you need to be prepared to do the research, which can take up a lot of time.

The moving process can be bewildering and stressful. Let Homeward Legal look after the legal side of things for you and we'll guide you through the process from start to end. Call 0800 038 6699 to find out more.

My husband and I are buying in Newent, and need to know if there are many conservation areas.

These areas detail neighbourhoods registered as being of historical or architectural value. Your lawyer will be able to advise further and address the consequences of purchasing property in a conservation area.

When in the process should you get a conveyancer in Newent?

The short answer is, the earlier in the process you can instruct a firm, the better. The legal work can then start immediately. Instructing a firm early for a sale may mean that documents can be prepared earlier, considerably accelerating the whole process, whereas if you are buying you will the details of your Newent solicitor ready when you make an offer.

Should I organize a private purchase of items on the Fixtures and Fittings form?

This would be very unwise as the Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10) forms part of the contract, and it lists all the items that the seller is planning to leave at the property with an agreed price for anything they want money for.

To try to organise a private sale outside of this clear and controlled process may result in difficulties later on in the process, which is precisely why this form is in place. If you want something to remain that’s not listed on the Fixtures and Fittings Form, raise a query through your solicitor so that negotiations may be formally carried out.

Worried about what your responsibilities are in the legal side of your move? Let Homeward Legal help with their experience and low fixed fees. Call our team now on 0800 038 6699.