COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Newmarket Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Newmarket Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Newmarket Q & A's

What steps can I take to hold off paying out for stamp duty tax?

We strongly advise against any stamp duty mitigation, as such schemes are costly and , if a scheme is challenged, you can be fined up to 100% of the amount owed, in additional to the tax itself.

In about four weeks we are hoping to be moving from our detached building in Newmarket to our next maisonette in Needham Market , what is the best point to select a removals firm?

Most solicitors usually encourage home buyers and sellers delay arranging removals until after exchange of contracts as a definitive home moving date wont have been set. Speak to Fussey's Removals, 1 Meadow La, Newmarket, CB8 8FZ Call: 01638 667355.

How can we establish whether a residence is in a designated conservation area?

Areas deemed to be of historical merit, such as country house estates, will be designated as conservation areas. The local authority will offer more information about local conservation areas, and the solicitor handling your purchase address the impact buying in a conservation area may have.

The home I’m buying has been empty for two years; what questions should I be asking the solicitor, the estate agent, and the surveyor?

If a home has been empty for a considerable period (such as the two years mentioned here), there’s usually a reason for it. There is estimated to be around a quarter of a million properties in the country that have been empty for more than 6 months.

The primary reason is that the owner hasn’t the funds to renovate the property, or they’ve started gutting the place and run out of money to take it further, or perhaps there’s been a significant problem (e.g. fire or flood are common instances). Most likely, these properties will come up at auction.

Your estate agent will be aware of its history if the property is on their books, so you can find out a lot from them, the council will have an empty property officer, and the Land Registry will have information on the deeds. As far as the solicitor is concerned, they will establish the position on the property as part of the conveyancing, while the surveyor will have experience of checking out such properties, with the advice that you order a Building Survey (the most detailed of the options) to check out its structural integrity. Note that mortgage lenders will be more reluctant to offer a loan on such homes.

Ultimately, the ball is in your court and, if you want to pursue buying such a property, you need to be prepared to do the research, which can take up a lot of time.

The moving process can be bewildering and stressful. Let Homeward Legal look after the legal side of things for you and we'll guide you through the process from start to end. Call 0800 038 6699 to find out more.

If I want to build an extension or do other works once I move in, can I get a builder to visit to give me a quote?

There is nothing stopping you trying to organise this, so long as you set a date and time that’s acceptable to the vendor (or via their estate agent if they are unable to be there) and try to establish how long the process will take, so that this can be booked in.

This becomes particularly critical following a surveyor’s inspection where remedial works are identified and recommended. You can use the quote from the builder as a renegotiation tool on the asking price, if the work required is going to be particularly costly. If you decide to go down this route, it must be done before exchange of contracts (where you’re committing to the sale price) and you should inform your solicitor if you’ve had private discussions and agreements with the vendor over price for inclusion in the terms of the contract.

If I am buying in the parish of Kirton, should we get a chancel search?

Your conveyancing lawyer may suggest that a chancel search be taken out. In older areas of Newmarket, chancel repair has the potential to be charged on new owners of a building where parish councils have not imposed the same liability on the last owners. For property in the parish of Kirton, it is not safe to rely on the historical behaviour of the parish council alone as a guide.

Which local authority is responsible for Newmarket?

Newmarket is located in East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4EE, contact: 01353 665 557