COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Northumberland Heath Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Northumberland Heath Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Northumberland Heath Q & A's

As a consequence of the fact that 4 of the top 5 wettest years recorded were in last 10-12 years we are wondering whether flood risk searches won't be detailed enough?

A good Northumberland Heath property lawyer will advise you to also get specialist conveyancing and environmental searches if the initial searches determine a significant risk Northumberland Heath area flood risk

For added assurance perhaps you could speak to a local resident.

What can we do when buying a converted flat in a Bexley planning authority designated conservation area ?

Part of conveyancing for purchasers involves making enquiries of Bexley council to identify conservation area status and the existence of consent for changes. .

What should I do about the transfer of ownership of the utility billing?

It is the responsibility of the former owners to inform the utilities firms (gas, electricity, water, etc.) that they are moving.

You should give your current suppliers at least 48 hours’ notice that you’re moving home and, when you leave your old property, you should take all the necessary readings and send them to your old supplier(s) along with your forwarding address, so that they can send you a final bill and sort out any credit you might be owed.

You should give your new utility suppliers at least 48 hours giving your personal details for the new property. When you move into your new property, you should take all the readings again and send them to the new suppliers so that they have a record of where to start the bills running.

Is Northumberland Heath soil possibly contaminated by lead (Pb)?

There are laws in place in order to limit top-soil contamination. Data on many contaminants, such as water contaminants such as detergents, will be included in an environmental search.

What makes sale conveyancing legal work to go on for so long?

The Northumberland Heath conveyancing process may be delayed, we, however, work hard to reduce the impact of these delays by chasing for prompt responses. Delays include a slow firm acting for the lender.

How much can searches usually cost?

With a Homeward Legal solicitor, a client will be required to pay no more than £249 for the standard search bundle. Searches are paid to a third party, and are charged 'at cost'.

How does a Help to Buy scheme work for me?

This government-sponsored scheme aims to assist homebuyers with three ways of purchasing a property:

  • Help to Buy ISA - if you are a first-time buyer and don’t own any other property (anywhere in the world), and you don’t have another cash ISA opened in the same tax year, when you buy your first home, the solicitor will apply for the government bonus on your behalf when closure of your Home to Buy ISA used to buy the property is confirmed.
  • Help to Buy: Equity Loan - if you have no other property and are buying a newly-built home, the government will provide 20% of the cost of the house (up to a maximum of £600,000), leaving you with the saved 5% deposit and a 75% mortgage to cover the remainder. This is open to current homeowners and first-time buyers, and the home cannot be sublet nor can it be used in a part-exchange deal.
  • Help to Buy: Shared Ownership - if your household earns less than £80,000, you could be eligible for this scheme, which allows you to buy between 25% and 75% of the home’s value, while the government pays the remainder on which you would then pay rent.

(information retrieved from HM Government’s Help to Buy website on 16 April 2019).

Contact the Money Advice Service, the government’s Help to Buy website, or your local ‘Help to Buy’ agent for more information.