Please state how to hold off paying stamp duty in Rhyl?
Stamp duty usually must be paid for property purchases priced at over 125,000 pounds. Stamp duty reduction is not advised, as such schemes are costly and HMRC may challenge a scheme up to six years later.
Are the doctors/dentists/schools oversubscribed in the area I want to move to?
Although your conveyancing solicitor may have some personal knowledge of these critical factors, they are not part of the conveyancing process, so will not form part of the contract.
If aspects such as how likely you’ll get into a surgery or school are important to you, it is worth factoring this in at an early stage when you are researching the areas into which you want to move. You can also glean some facts from the estate agent representing properties where you want to move, too. You might also like to contact the surgeries or schools for further information.
Homeward Legal provides a personal conveyancing service at a competitive fixed fee protected by our 'No Completion, No Fee' promise. Get started now on 0800 038 6699 and talk to one of our team.
We are on a short deadline, needing ensure fast conveyancing, how can we speed things up?
As is often argued, finding a experienced conveyancing solicitor is the key to buying faster. When finding a conveyancing solicitor, you should ask the following: How soon will they order searches? Do they offer 'instant' online quotes? What methods of communication do they use? Posting documents can adds days of waiting to a purchase.
I am buying a renovated investment flat in a conservation area in Rhyl. Where can I locate details concerning the state of repair?
Following a campaign, English Heritage maintain details about the state of conservation areas in England as well as the risk of a worsening of the condition of the area.
Local Rhyl conservation areas are specified by the local authority (Denbighshire) who are responsible for conservation area concerns from upkeep of paths to the hindrance of modern telephone boxes.
What is the council tax on a period detached property in Rhyl?
In general, the title report will supply the Denbighshire council tax band.
The latest tax rates for residents of Rhyl are set out at the Denbighshire local authority website. As at (13/07/2012) rates are:
- Band A - £870.54
- Band B - £1,015.63
- Band C - £1,160.72
- Band D - £1,305.81
- Band E - £1,595.99
- Band F - £1,886.17
- Band G - £2,176.35
- Band H - £2,611.62
What do I provide to the solicitor on my house sale?
The list of documents required is quite simple, but will be required at different stages of the process (but ideally any forms should be completed and returned on the day of receipt and preferably delivered by hand or email).
- Proof of id
- Title deeds (if you have them; they might be lodged with the solicitor who handled the purchase of the property you are selling, or the mortgage company)
- Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10)
- Property Information Form (TA6) – information on boundaries, disputes and complaints with neighbours, notices and proposals, alterations and planning consents, building regulations, electricity and gas certificates, guarantees and warranties, insurance, environmental matters affecting the property, rights and informal arrangements, parking, other charges, services, connection to utilities and services, and transaction information
- Copies of documents referenced in the PIF
- Leasehold or shared freehold documents
- Management Information Pack
- Energy Performance Certificate
Providing all this documentation as quickly as possible, as well as responding to arising questions throughout the conveyancing within a couple of hours will help to speed the conclusion of your transaction up considerably.