COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Rothwell Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Rothwell Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Rothwell Q & A's

Should I get a property survey?

The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors recommend that home buyers instruct a surveyor to undertake a survey when you intend to buy in Rothwell. There are a range of problems that can negatively affect a property. These include severe weathering.

When in the process should you instruct a solicitor?

The straightforward answer is, the sooner the better, as there are several tasks that can be performed straight away. Prompt instruction of a firm to act for you on your Rothwell transaction can limit the risk of the purchase or sale stalling.

I am preparing to move out of our detached residence in Rothwell to our new home in Garforth at what point to appoint a home removal firm?

Best advice is to wait before removals until such time as you and the other side has accepted by both parties your date which occurs after exchange of contracts. Try Nev's Removals And Deliveries., 11 Hopefield Ct, Rothwell, Leeds, LS26 0XS Phone: 07786 500799 or Hodgsons Removals, 7 Eshald Pl, Woodlesford, Leeds, LS26 8LX Tel: 07411 243452.

For a fast conveyancing process on the purchase of a £349,000 property, what should we get to accelerate the process?

Key to faster conveyancing is to use a experienced conveyancer. Consider the following when selecting:

  • Do they offer 'instant' online quotes?
  • Do they use email?
  • Will they work on a 'no sale, no fee' basis?

How much effort is it to sort out a house in multiple occupancy (HMO)?

A house in multiple occupancy is defined as a property where at least three tenants live forming more than one household (one person or more living together), but share kitchen and bathroom facilities.

As a landlord of an HMO, your responsibilities include ensuring proper fire safety measures are in place, gas safety checks are completed annually, the electric system is checked every five years, there are sufficient bathroom and kitchen facilities for everyone to comfortably use, communal areas are kept clean and safe to use, and waste disposal is managed effectively (provision of bins and bags).

This requires more effort than having a property to rent to one household, and you may wish to employ a solicitor to sort out the legal side of things in the first instance, and a property management company to handle the administration, disputes, etc. on a daily basis.

Homeward Legal's experienced solicitors have completed many different transactions including properties for HMOs. Why not give us a quick call now on 0800 038 6699 to get your conveyancing under way today?

Which local authority is responsible for Rothwell?

Rothwell is located in Leeds City Council, Civic Hall, Calverley Street, Leeds, LS1 1UR, contact: 0113 222 4444

How does a Help to Buy scheme work for me?

This government-sponsored scheme aims to assist homebuyers with three ways of purchasing a property:

  • Help to Buy ISA - if you are a first-time buyer and don’t own any other property (anywhere in the world), and you don’t have another cash ISA opened in the same tax year, when you buy your first home, the solicitor will apply for the government bonus on your behalf when closure of your Home to Buy ISA used to buy the property is confirmed.
  • Help to Buy: Equity Loan - if you have no other property and are buying a newly-built home, the government will provide 20% of the cost of the house (up to a maximum of £600,000), leaving you with the saved 5% deposit and a 75% mortgage to cover the remainder. This is open to current homeowners and first-time buyers, and the home cannot be sublet nor can it be used in a part-exchange deal.
  • Help to Buy: Shared Ownership - if your household earns less than £80,000, you could be eligible for this scheme, which allows you to buy between 25% and 75% of the home’s value, while the government pays the remainder on which you would then pay rent.

(information retrieved from HM Government’s Help to Buy website on 16 April 2019).

Contact the Money Advice Service, the government’s Help to Buy website, or your local ‘Help to Buy’ agent for more information.

What kind of fact finding into the uncertain risk of floods in the Yorkshire, West Riding area will a Rothwell property lawyer advise us on for a seventies house we intend to purchase?

A qualified conveyancing lawyer will conduct environmental searches that will include Rothwell historical flood risk information. The most recent (27/02/13) publication on the Environment Agency do not reveal any flood warnings in the Rothwell area.