Get an Instant 
Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Transfer of Equity in Ruthin

A transfer of equity occurs when a property owner wishes to change the legal ownership of the property. Reasons include marriage, divorce and tax planning.

Homeward Legal's solicitors offer expert legal assistance with your transfer of equity.

Get an instant quote for a transfer of equity in Ruthin.

Remortgage Solicitors Ruthin

Homeward Legal's panel of solicitors carry out remortgage conveyancing for Ruthin clients every week.

We strive to complete your remortgage legal work quickly, so that you benefit from your new mortgage deal as soon as possible.

Get an online Ruthin solicitor remortgage quote to begin.

Phone us on

or call us: 0800 038 6699

The Conveyancing
Process Explained

Read More

Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing in Ruthin Q & A's

Profile photo of Lorraine Imhoff


Ask Lorraine a question

Updated: 16/01/17

Local travel information:

Ruthin's nearest station is Penyffordd. Ruthin's nearest airport is Howarden Airport. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is 25 miles and away.

Ruthin Community is a nearby hospital.


How do I get the cheapest conveyancing solicitors?


Confusion over this issue affects many homeowners who opted for a very cheap quote, only to be stung later in the conveyancing process. Many law firms advertise 'the cheapest conveyancing', but extra costs are often hiding in the small print, left unregarded by busy homeowners Additional fees ought to be reasonable and clear and be applied only where your solicitor must complete unanticipated additional work on your behalf, which could not be anticipated at the start of the process. Third party costs, termed disbursements, to be paid should also be clearly stated on a quote. We provide quotes, not estimates, and clearly state the fees for a standard conveyancing.


Do your house conveyancing solicitors carry out the conveyancing of auction properties in Ruthin?


Our solicitors and licensed conveyancers in Ruthin often do the legal conveyancing buyers and sellers at auction. Our specialist lawyers have in the past acted for many buyers and sellers at local Ruthin residential property auctions that include Acuitus, Allsop (Commercial), Allsop (Residential), Auction House London, Award Property, Barnett Ross, Baxtons, Brendons Auctioneers, Countrywide Property Auctions and Drivers Norris.

Wise auction buyers will formally appoint a good conveyancing lawyer as ahead of time as they can so there is time for a detailed investigation of the auction pack before the auction day itself.

Following the auction day, a lawyer should be prepared for finish the conveyancing process in 28 days as required by the auction conditions.


I am purchasing a chapel in Bryneglwys. Is a chancel search compulsory?

Whichever Ruthin parish you are buying in, a conveyancing solicitor may suggest a chancel search. Although some Parochial Church Councils (PCCs) have taken the decision to exact chancel repairs on the current owners, a conveyancing solicitor cannot verify that a parish where chancel repair fees have not been paid previously will not continue to be so, so it can be difficult to use this as a guide.


How much time can the conveyancing process require, in your experience? I am buying in Ruthin.


On average, the length of time needed to buy or sell property will vary, with reference to a handful of factors including if the property being bought or sold is leasehold. With our property specialists, the matter is undertaken with the utmost care and speed.


We are intending to buy a home, do we need 'conveyancing searches'?


Conveyancing searches are a standardised collection of enquiries ordered by the purchaser's conveyancing solicitor through local and national authorities, including a limestone search. Buyers should be aware that, conveyancing searches cover solely the legal condition of the property's title.


Having read about the major river flooding in Wales, we are wondering whether conveyancing searches (environmental) may not be thorough enough?


A competent conveyancer in Ruthin should apply for conveyancing searches if the first searches establishes a the local Ruthin flood risk

Perhaps you could also get in touch with a local resident for additional more comfort.


What is the council tax on a period terraced house in Ruthin?


Customarily a conveyancing report on title should supply the appropriate Denbighshire council tax band. Council tax charges for properties in Ruthin are detailed at the Denbighshire local authority site. As at, 18/11/2012, rates are as follows:

  • Band A - £870.54
  • Band B - £1,015.63
  • Band C - £1,160.72
  • Band D - £1,305.81
  • Band E - £1,595.99
  • Band F - £1,886.17
  • Band G - £2,176.35
  • Band H - £2,611.62


How much would charge for conveyancing searches come to?


The cost of conveyancing searches does vary, depending on the particular searches ordered. Searches are will be charged at cost.