COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Seahouses Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Seahouses Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Seahouses Q & A's

For fast legal work on the purchase of a £ 140,000 residence, what should we do?

Many buyers will, correctly, argue that contacting a proactive and experienced conveyancing solicitor is the key to a fast transaction. When finding a suitable a conveyancing solicitor, consider these questions: Will they order searches immediately? Was there a delay delivering a quote? What methods of communication do they use? Posting documents can adds days of waiting to a purchase.

Can you confirm how I get out of paying SDLT?

Stamp Duty Land Tax is generally payable on property over one hundred and twenty-five thousand pounds. We do not recommend conveyancing clients risk any stamp duty mitigation scheme. Such schemes are expensive and very risky.

Should we get a chancel search if we plan to buy in the parish of Dinnington, near Seahouses?

A conveyancing solicitor could advise a chancel search. Although some Parochial Church Councils have exercised their right to charge chancel repairs on the current owners of land subject to chancel liability, there is no way to be certain that a parish in which lay rectors have not been expected to pay chancel repair dues recently will remain liability-free for new owners.

Do you have good solicitors that specialise the conveyancing for auction properties in Seahouses?

Our property solicitors commonly get instructed by sellers at auction. We always suggest auction buyers to appoint a SRA regulated property conveyancing lawyer well before the day of the auction to allow for a thorough review of the legal pack.

After the property auction date, your lawyer has to be geared up to get through the legal process inside 28 days as conventionally required by the auction conditions.

My agent has referred a firm of solicitors that they have used before. Do we need to instruct them?

Your Seahouses agent will be able to influence a conveyancing firm they refer a large number of clients to, and can therefore pressure a slow solicitor to work faster. However, if they are paid a referral fee, an agent may decide to recommend the conveyancer who pays out the highest referral fee, not a firm with local expertise and a solid reputation.

What sort of enquiries regarding the risk and history of possible flooding around Northumberland will my conveyancer in Seahouses report back to us on for a buy to let property we are buying?

A qualified conveyancer conducts property environmental searches that should include Seahouses flood risk area information. A significantly more specialist flood search, for instance the Landmark search, could be advocated by your property lawyer in Seahouses if the results of the initial searches highlight a flood risk.

Can I change the purpose of use for a purchase as part of the conveyancing procedure?

Putting in a planning request to change the use of part or all of a property is a straightforward process and you can deal directly with the local authority, which authorises plans and requests. However, tying it in with a planned purchase of a property has its own problems, since you don’t yet formally own the property, and the length of time to get through the planning process (with no guarantee of success) will need to be factored into the purchase duration, which the seller may not agree to.

We would advise you to either buy the property and then put in the planning request after completion (or exchange at the very earliest), or buy a property that’s already fit for your purposes. Or you might be lucky to find a property that already has the relevant planning consents in place.