I am hopefully going to sell our co-owned house in a hurry at a Silsoe property auction, does your firm any really fast Silsoe solicitors ?
Commonly property lawyers can be too slow creating additional aggravation to the property legal process.
With Homeward Legal, panel of solicitors are client focused and attempt to communicate through the whole of the chain and utilise the latest software systems to complete on your house move in minimum time.
What do I provide to the solicitor on my house sale?
The list of documents required is quite simple, but will be required at different stages of the process (but ideally any forms should be completed and returned on the day of receipt and preferably delivered by hand or email).
- Proof of id
- Title deeds (if you have them; they might be lodged with the solicitor who handled the purchase of the property you are selling, or the mortgage company)
- Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10)
- Property Information Form (TA6) – information on boundaries, disputes and complaints with neighbours, notices and proposals, alterations and planning consents, building regulations, electricity and gas certificates, guarantees and warranties, insurance, environmental matters affecting the property, rights and informal arrangements, parking, other charges, services, connection to utilities and services, and transaction information
- Copies of documents referenced in the PIF
- Leasehold or shared freehold documents
- Management Information Pack
- Energy Performance Certificate
Providing all this documentation as quickly as possible, as well as responding to arising questions throughout the conveyancing within a couple of hours will help to speed the conclusion of your transaction up considerably.
Is a house survey advisable when purchasing a property?
It is suggested that you instruct a property surveyor to undertake a survey if buying in Silsoe. A wide range of concerns can affect a property. These can include insect infestation. These will not be reported on by a solicitor.
How much is stamp duty and land transaction tax?
The Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is based on a trigger threshold of £125,000, followed by a calculation of increasing percentages against the price bands, which are then added together:
- Less than £125,000 = 0%
- £125,000-£250,000 = 2%
- £250,000-£925,000 = 5%
- £925,000-£1,500,000 = 10%
- More than £1,500,000 = 12%
For example, a house bought for £450,000 will trigger SDLT at £12,500 (£0 for the first £125,000, £2,500 for the next £125,000, and £10,000 for the next £150,000 as the price falls in the first three bands).
The web is full of plenty of online books giving details on doing your own legal work. Do we necessarily need to spend money on a Silsoe property lawyer for my home move?
It can certainly possible to conduct your own conveyancing yourself. That said, a conveyancer is in charge of a large array of tasks including chasing mortgage offer or checking the lease some of which need experience. In addition firms and their solicitors are made responsible to obtain suitable insurance to safeguard you in the event of carelessness made by the lawyer.