COVID-19: Read the latest on how we can support your conveyancing journey

South Yorkshire Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost South Yorkshire Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In South Yorkshire Q & A's

How will the lawyer in South Yorkshire report back on the risk and history of local flooding in the South Yorkshire area on a Regency maisonette we are going to purchase?

The conveyancing lawyer conducts property environmental searches that incorporate South Yorkshire flood risk area data. In addition a South Yorkshire conveyancing solicitor might possibly suggest a more detailed specialist flood search.

My husband and I are buying in South Yorkshire. How do I confirm that the property is in a conservation area?

With over 8,000 listed areas in England, the regions around South Yorkshire include a range of conservation areas. You may wish to contact the local council for more detail, but your solicitor will address this during the house-buying process.

How long does it take to move house?

Those new to buying property are often surprised by how long the process can take from start to finish. There are several factors that come into play when determining how long your transaction will take from having your offer accepted to moving into your new home: The number of people involved in the chain (the shorter it is, the easier to manage and therefore shorter in duration potentially), problems with one or more buyers in the chain getting a mortgage offer, communication, management and many others.

The greatest time that needs to be set aside is for the conveyancing, which is the complex legal process of transferring ownership of the property from seller to buyer, replicated along the entire chain. Typically, the conveyancing can take an average of between eight and twelve weeks to complete, so, in reality, you should be thinking in terms of months.

However, if you appoint a results-focused and proactive solicitor, who will do everything possible to reduce the length of time, including talking to everyone involved in the chain, pushing for swift return of forms and documentation, and using modern technology to drive the process forward, you will stand a better chance of the conveyancing being a lot shorter. And the earlier you appoint them, the quicker they can get started on your transaction.

Looking for great conveyancing where our solicitors work hard to deliver your completion as early as possible? Call Homeward Legal on 0800 038 6699 to find out how low our fees are.

Which local authority is responsible for South Yorkshire?

  • South Yorkshire intersects with the following local authorities: Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council, Town Hall, Church Street, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S70 2TA, Call: 01226 770 770
  • Bolsover District Council, Sherwood Lodge, Bolsover, S44 6NF, S44 6NF, Call: 01246 242 424
  • Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Civic Building, Walker Place, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S65 1UF Tel:, Call: 0
  • Sheffield City Council, Town Hall, Pinstone Street, Sheffield, S1 2HH, Call: 0114 273 4567
  • Cannock Chase District Council, Civic Centre, PO Box 28
  • Beechcroft Road, Cannock, Staffs WS11 1BG, Call: 01543 462 621
  • Cannock Chase District Council, PO Box 28
  • Beecroft Road, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 1BG, Call: 01543 462 621
  • Lichfield District Council, District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 6YY, Call: 01543 308 000
  • Stafford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST16 3AQ, Call: 01785 619 000
  • Stoke on Trent City Council, Civic Centre, Glebe Street, Stoke on Trent, ST4 1RN, Call: 01782 234 56
  • Tamworth Borough Council, Marmion House, Lichfield Street, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B79 7BZ, Call: 01827 709 709

We are buying a property in a designated South Yorkshire conservation area, where can I find data in regards to the standard of repair?

English Heritage, a government body, have produced information about the state of repair of conservation areas along with the risk of standards slipping. Local conservation areas are designated by the local Rotherham planning authority, who police everything from the upkeep of public spaces to the impediment of ugly parking meters.

How much effort is it to sort out a house in multiple occupancy (HMO)?

A house in multiple occupancy is defined as a property where at least three tenants live forming more than one household (one person or more living together), but share kitchen and bathroom facilities.

As a landlord of an HMO, your responsibilities include ensuring proper fire safety measures are in place, gas safety checks are completed annually, the electric system is checked every five years, there are sufficient bathroom and kitchen facilities for everyone to comfortably use, communal areas are kept clean and safe to use, and waste disposal is managed effectively (provision of bins and bags).

This requires more effort than having a property to rent to one household, and you may wish to employ a solicitor to sort out the legal side of things in the first instance, and a property management company to handle the administration, disputes, etc. on a daily basis.

Homeward Legal's experienced solicitors have completed many different transactions including properties for HMOs. Why not give us a quick call now on 0800 038 6699 to get your conveyancing under way today?