Get an Instant 
Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Transfer of Equity in Standish

A transfer of equity occurs when a property owner wishes to change the legal ownership of the property. Reasons include marriage, divorce and tax planning.

Homeward Legal's solicitors offer expert legal assistance with your transfer of equity.

Get an instant quote for a transfer of equity in Standish.

Remortgage Solicitors Standish

Homeward Legal's panel of solicitors carry out remortgage conveyancing for Standish clients every week.

We strive to complete your remortgage legal work quickly, so that you benefit from your new mortgage deal as soon as possible.

Get an online Standish solicitor remortgage quote to begin.

Or call on

or call us: 0800 038 6699

The Conveyancing
Process Explained

Read More

Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing in Standish Q & A's

Profile photo of Clarisa McMahon


Ask Clarisa a question

Updated: 13/01/17

Standish is very close at about 1m of junction entry 27 Southbound of the M6.

Eccles, Barton Aerodrome Airport is 14 miles from Standish. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is 19 miles, Blackpool International Airport is 21 mile s, Manchester Terminals 1 & 3 Airport is 23 miles, Manchester Terminal 2 Airport is 23 miles and Eccles Airport is 14 miles away. Standish's nearest station is Gathurst.

Wrightington, Appley Bridge is a nearby hospital to Standish.


How do we get the cheapest conveyancing solicitors in Standish?


Many solicitors advertise cheap conveyancing, but additional charges will be included in the terms and conditions which unwary buyers fail to check. Any extra costs should be clearly defined. A quote for conveyancing in Standish should also state any disbursements to be paid.


What type of checks into the risk of a flood around Greater Manchester will a property lawyer in Standish be able to do for a residential property I am going to buy?


An experienced residential property conveyancing solicitor will apply for standard protocol environmental searches that will include Standish flood risk information.


Would arranging a Homebuyer Report be sensible when we are buying property in Standish?


It is strongly recommended that you book a RICS surveyor. A range defects have a negative impact on a property, such as cavity wall tie failure or subsidence, and issues such as these are not likely to be investigated as part of the conveyancing itself.


What particular property searches should a property lawyer in Standish carry out on a Standish house?

The conventional legal procedure will be to obtain the following Local Authority (personal or official), Drainage Search (Con29DW), Environment Search and Coal Mining (Con29M) as well as any specific local searches, which might include Chancel Repair Liability Search.


How much is the council tax on a Sixties terraced house in Standish?


Typically the conveyancing report on title should provide the relevant Wigan council tax band. The latest tax charges for properties in Standish are listed online at the Wigan council site. At the time of authoring on 22 December 2012 rates for all bands are:

  • Band A - £913.00
  • Band B - £1,065.00
  • Band C - £1,217.00
  • Band D - £1,369.00
  • Band E - £1,674.00
  • Band F - £1,978.00
  • Band G - £2,282.00
  • Band H - £2,739.00


Which government body is under obligation for overseeing the condition of neglect the conservation areas in Standish?


Conservation areas are nominated by Wigan who are responsible for everything from including things like street posts, non sympathetic doors and trees. English Heritage, a government body, have created details about the condition of conservation areas along with the vulnerability to standards slipping.


To complete on our purchase ASAP, can we organise a fast exchange and completion in Standish?


Most importantly, contacting a experienced property lawyer is key fast conveyancing. Consider the following:

  • Are phone, fax and email their preferred methods of contact
  • Are phone, fax and email their preferred methods of contact
  • Do they offer 'instant' online quotes?


If I am intending to buy near Standish, in the parish of Standish, do we need a chancel search?


Your solicitor could advise a chancel search. In Standish's much older areas, chancel repair can be imposed on current owners of a home where Parochial Church Councils may have spared previous owners or tenants.