There is no obligation, and you will see your quote online rather than having to wait for an email or call.

Which service do you require?

Fixed Fee Conveyancing
No-Completion protection*
Excellent Trustpilot rating
CQS accredited solicitors
Customer Helpline Mon-Sun


  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.

  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.

  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained





Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Swansea Q & A's

What specific things do I need to look out for if I’m buying a house on the coast?

With worsening weather and floods now becoming increasingly commonplace, with the media remarking on it in depth, buying a property that has a likelihood of flooding is a difficult decision to make. Not only is there the issue of cleaning up if it does flood, but insurance premiums will be much higher (and perhaps even prohibitive).

For homes in coastal areas, there is also the problem of coastal erosion, where some properties have been seen to literally fall into the sea.

However, the good news is that picking a home in a coastal region doesn’t automatically mean that it’s going to be subject to flooding or that it’s eventually going to slip into the sea. The searches ordered by your conveyancing solicitor will identify the level of risk associated with the property and, based on this, your solicitor may recommend that you take out specialist reports (e.g. from Landmark or other organisations) to get a more in-depth description of the risks and options. These are in addition to the standard set and will be charged to you as a disbursement at cost.

Your surveyor will also be able to identify evidence of previous floods and other problems during their inspection and provide advice in their report. If the problems are considered sufficiently severe, the surveyor may also note the specifics for further investigation by your conveyancing solicitor.

What can be done about trees with TPOs if they are cutting out the light into the house?

Tree Preservation Orders (or TPOs) are legal protections for individual trees, which means you are prohibited from pruning, cutting or removing the plant without the formal consent of the local authority. There are certain caveats such as whether it is causing an immediate danger to life, but the local authority will still need to be informed.

As a homeowner, you have a number of rights, including Right to Light: that is, you should expect natural daylight to enter your property through windows without being blocked (again there may be caveats which will be unearthed in the conveyancing). If a tree with a TPO has grown so much that it is blocking out light, you can apply to the local authority for permission to prune the tree sufficiently to return your Right to Light. It becomes more complex if the tree in question is on a neighbour’s property, and you should discuss any resulting costs with them.

Homeward Legal's solicitors have years of experience in dealing with all sorts of legal issues including TPOs, providing you with practical guidance and help. We are best placed to help you with your move, so call our team on 0800 038 6699 today.

I am planning on buying a 1950s investment flat in a designated conservation areas, where can I lay my hands on more information concerning the standard of upkeep?

Local Swansea conservation areas are designated by the local authority (Swansea) who govern conservation area concerns from the historic layout of roads to derelict buildings. English Heritage administer details in relation to the state of repair of conservation areas in Swansea and across England along with the vulnerability to deterioration or improvement.

I would like to know which Swansea lenders your conveyancing solicitors work with. Which panels are you on?

Homeward Legal can work with all the major lenders assisting Swansea home purchasers. Swansea lenders and mortgage specialists include Monmouthshire, 18 Union St, Swansea, SA1 3EH, Principality Building Society, Principality House/64-65 The Kingsway, Swansea, SA1 5HW, and Santander, 15 Union St, Swansea, SA1 3EQ.

Is a residential property in St. Thomas, Swansea suitable for stamp duty relief?

Swansea disadvantaged areas are identified by local ward. Disadvantaged areas in Swansea include St. Thomas, Castle, Townhill, Penderry, Graigfelen, Bonymaen, Landore, Gorseinon East, Dulais East, Cockett, Penllergaer, Mynyddbach and Lower Loughor. Update: As of the 2013/14 tax year, stamp duty relief for disadvantaged areas is no longer available.

Doing your own conveyancing without using a Swansea solicitor is becoming possible when buying and selling a flat. However, would it actually be wise ?

Should you desire t have a stab you can certainly take care of he conveyancing without the help of Swansea conveyancing solicitor .

In reality however, a property solicitor takes care of a long list of assignments ranging from interpreting protocol forms or handling retentions many of which need a skilled professional.

Fundamentally DIY conveyancers do not have the applicable cover which practicing legal practices need to obtain.

When you are buying in Swansea near land owned by the church, would you recommend that I get a chancel search?

There are fifteen thousand ecclesiastical parishes throughout the UK. Property owners within some of these may be required to subsidise the repair of a local church. After the passing of an Act in 2002, interest over any affected land must be registered by October 2013. Your solicitor will suggest an appropriate indemnity policy to address chancel liability.