There is no obligation, and you will see your quote online rather than having to wait for an email or call.

Which service do you require?

Fixed Fee Conveyancing
No-Completion protection*
Excellent Trustpilot rating
CQS accredited solicitors
Customer Helpline Mon-Sun


  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.

  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.

  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained





Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Virginia Water Q & A's

The home I’m buying has been empty for two years; what questions should I be asking the solicitor, the estate agent, and the surveyor?

If a home has been empty for a considerable period (such as the two years mentioned here), there’s usually a reason for it. There is estimated to be around a quarter of a million properties in the country that have been empty for more than 6 months.

The primary reason is that the owner hasn’t the funds to renovate the property, or they’ve started gutting the place and run out of money to take it further, or perhaps there’s been a significant problem (e.g. fire or flood are common instances). Most likely, these properties will come up at auction.

Your estate agent will be aware of its history if the property is on their books, so you can find out a lot from them, the council will have an empty property officer, and the Land Registry will have information on the deeds. As far as the solicitor is concerned, they will establish the position on the property as part of the conveyancing, while the surveyor will have experience of checking out such properties, with the advice that you order a Building Survey (the most detailed of the options) to check out its structural integrity. Note that mortgage lenders will be more reluctant to offer a loan on such homes.

Ultimately, the ball is in your court and, if you want to pursue buying such a property, you need to be prepared to do the research, which can take up a lot of time.

The moving process can be bewildering and stressful. Let Homeward Legal look after the legal side of things for you and we'll guide you through the process from start to end. Call 0800 038 6699 to find out more.

Are there any mortgage lenders with Virginia Water offices?

Homeward Legal can work with many lenders. A number of mortgage specialists operate in Virginia Water, like Xpress Mortgages, 13 High Rd, Byfleet, West Byfleet, KT14 7QH, Y N S Financial Services, 22 Gloucester Rd, Feltham, TW13 5BZ, and Bigmore Associates Ltd, St Georges Ho/25 Bridge St, Walton-On-Thames, KT12 1AF.

Should we select the property lawyer who works with by the estate agent?

Both agents and mortgage brokers will often refer a solicitor. However, if they are paid a referral fee, the agent may prefer to suggest the solicitor willing to pay the highest referral fee, not the best value for you.

Can you confirm how to get out of paying stamp duty to the Revenue?

Stamp duty is usually payable for homes over £125,000. We do not recommend conveyancing clients undertake any stamp duty reduction, as such schemes are expensive and very risky. There have been several official schemes, such as for first-time buyers. Your solicitor will advise as to your eligibility.

Virginia Water conveyancing solicitors order necessary property if instructed by a home buyer, but which particular ones?

When you are getting a mortgage lender requires you to a solicitor to get at least the following for Virginia Water: Local Authority (personal or official), Drainage and Water Search (CON29DW) and Environmental, and, depending on certain criteria, less common searches for example Contaminated Land.

What kind of flood plain searches in respect to the risk and history of a flood to properties in Surrey will a Virginia Water property solicitor be able to conduct for a Regency home I am buying?

A conveyancing solicitor will apply for official environmental searches that incorporate Virginia Water area flood risk information.

If I’m renting out rooms in my house, do I need to appoint a solicitor?

No, you don’t, because there is no legal imperative for you to do so. However, it’s not as straightforward as simply leasing out a room to a renter because there are certain provisions that must be met in order to protect you as the renter and the person renting the room.

This depends on the room and where it is in the property, state of the plumbing, insurance, and a number of other factors. You’ll also need to draw up a tenancy agreement to ensure demarcation and rights for both parties. While you won’t necessarily need a solicitor involved, it’s worth contacting a letting agency who will have the experience and knowledge to ensure you have everything in place. Be aware that any advice you seek from professionals may come with a fee, so it would be worth shopping around first.

I am buying a sixties building in a Virginia Water conservation area, where can I find more data concerning the state of repair?

Local conservation areas are specified by the local Runnymede planning authority, who regulate everything from private spaces to the policing of neon signs. English Heritage, a government body, have produced a detailed list about the state of repair of conservation areas as well as the vulnerability to deterioration.