COVID-19: Read the latest on how we can support your conveyancing journey

West Ruislip Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost West Ruislip Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In West Ruislip Q & A's

My wife and I are interested in purchasing a building in West Ruislip. How can we verify that the building is in a designated conservation area?

These areas delineate areas of historic or architectural significance. Your property solicitor will be able to provide more details and address the consequences of purchasing property in a conservation area.

Should we get a chancel search if I plan to purchase in the parish of Beaconsfield, near West Ruislip?

The solicitor might recommend a chancel search. Through some Parochial Church Councils have decided to charge chancel repairs on the current owners of affected property, a solicitor cannot state with certainty that a parish where repair costs have not been paid before, that this will not continue to be so. For property in the parish of Beaconsfield, it is not safe to rely on the historical behaviour of the parish council alone as a guide.

Is there any thorough information on the conservation areas in West Ruislip?

Local West Ruislip conservation area matters for instance public spaces, extensions or excessive road signs etc. are overseen by the local Hillingdon planning authority.

Following a campaign, English Heritage have put together information on the state of repair of conservation areas in addition to the vulnerability to a worsening of the condition of the area.

Which local authority looks after West Ruislip?

West Ruislip is located in London Borough of Hillingdon Council, Civic Centre, High Street, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1UW phone: 01895 250111

Can I agree a sale price without involving an estate agent or solicitor?

This depends on whether you have signed up with an estate agent and what agreement is already in place. While it might seem unfair if you’ve found a buyer outside of the estate agency process and you’re expected to still pay the agent their fees on sale, you should be very careful about stepping outside the agreed terms and conditions since this is legally binding and you may face penalties as a result. Therefore, if you want to follow this course, it’s worth checking the details with a solicitor to ensure you’re following the letter of the law.

If you’re not with an agent, you can publicise your house details with a number of publications and online sites (some are free, others require a fee), but you’ll need to do all the legwork and administration. For a legal standpoint, you don’t need to appoint a solicitor to perform the conveyancing, but it would be an unwise option to pursue as you will probably have neither the training or experience in some its complexities, and you won’t have the protective indemnity insurance in the event of a problem arising with your work.

How long can conveyancing to buy residential property take? I am buying in West Ruislip.

The length of time taken to transfer property varies, affected by many factors such as if the lender requires specific searches. With Homeward Legal, a sale, purchase or transfer of equity is handled quickly, and to the highest standard of service.

What do we do to calculate Stamp Duty Land Tax in West Ruislip, how much should it be on a £521000 property?

The Stamp Duty due will depend on several factors, primarily the property's purchase price. On a £521000 property, stamp duty will be £20840 (correct March 2013).

What should I do about the transfer of ownership of the utility billing?

It is the responsibility of the former owners to inform the utilities firms (gas, electricity, water, etc.) that they are moving.

You should give your current suppliers at least 48 hours’ notice that you’re moving home and, when you leave your old property, you should take all the necessary readings and send them to your old supplier(s) along with your forwarding address, so that they can send you a final bill and sort out any credit you might be owed.

You should give your new utility suppliers at least 48 hours giving your personal details for the new property. When you move into your new property, you should take all the readings again and send them to the new suppliers so that they have a record of where to start the bills running.