There is no obligation, and you will see your quote online rather than having to wait for an email or call.

Which service do you require?

Fixed Fee Conveyancing
No-Completion protection*
Excellent Trustpilot rating
CQS accredited solicitors
Customer Helpline Mon-Sun


  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.

  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.

  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained





Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In West Wickham Q & A's

Conveyancing searches (environmental) are all well and good but with recent climactic events for instance the fact that 4 of the top 5 wettest years recorded were in last 10-12 years are they sufficient to establish sufficient information about the changing West Wickham risk of flooding?

A competent West Wickham property lawyer will recommend that you apply for conveyancing searches from Landmark if the environmental conveyancing searches identifies a significant risk West Wickham flood risk area

For more area background it may be prudent to get in touch with a next door neighbour.

We are going to purchase with Natwest, is there anything I need to check?

House buyers should be aware that, over the last two years, some lenders have decreased the number of firms on their approved panel. This can mean greater conveyancing costs for purchasers. Homeward Legal, though, can act for the vast majority of lenders.

How is stamp duty rates worked out, and what should we budget for a £917000 property?

SDLT is dependent on the valuation. On a £917000 property, stamp duty will be £36680 (information correct 01/01/2013).

I’ve lost my gas/electrical certificates; will that stop me moving?

There is no legal imperative for you to provide either the gas or electrical safety certificates as the seller; you are required to provide a gas safety certificate on an annual basis, however, if you are planning on letting the property out. The Institution of Electrical Engineers recommends that an electrical certificate be updated at least every ten years or when the property is transferred to a new owner (every 5 years if you are letting the property out).

However, this usually means that this is the responsibility of the buyer with the onus on organising an inspection for a new certificate falling on them.

Homeward Legal offers competitive, fixed-fee quotes, protected by our 'No Completion, No Fee' guarantee. Try our online quote calculator or call our team on 0800 038 6699 to see what we mean.

Should I change the locks after I move in?

It would be a wise move to replace the locks upon moving into your new home, for peace of mind if nothing else. Although you may have received a number of copies of the keys, you may not know accurately whether that bunch constitutes every copy.

Although changing the locks will be an extra cost, you may find that buildings insurance may look on the move favourably, too.

Need guidance on what to expect from the conveyancing and legal work associated with your planned move? Call our team at Homeward Legal on 0800 038 6699 and they'll get you set up today.

I have taken out a conveyancing quote from you. Could I be charged any additional charges?

Homeward Legal never hide any hidden extra charges for any reason.

Which local authority is responsible for West Wickham?

West Wickham is located in London Borough of Bromley Council, Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH, contact: 020 8464 3336