What do I provide to the solicitor on my house sale?
The list of documents required is quite simple, but will be required at different stages of the process (but ideally any forms should be completed and returned on the day of receipt and preferably delivered by hand or email).
- Proof of id
- Title deeds (if you have them; they might be lodged with the solicitor who handled the purchase of the property you are selling, or the mortgage company)
- Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10)
- Property Information Form (TA6) – information on boundaries, disputes and complaints with neighbours, notices and proposals, alterations and planning consents, building regulations, electricity and gas certificates, guarantees and warranties, insurance, environmental matters affecting the property, rights and informal arrangements, parking, other charges, services, connection to utilities and services, and transaction information
- Copies of documents referenced in the PIF
- Leasehold or shared freehold documents
- Management Information Pack
- Energy Performance Certificate
Providing all this documentation as quickly as possible, as well as responding to arising questions throughout the conveyancing within a couple of hours will help to speed the conclusion of your transaction up considerably.
In what ways can the property solicitor in Woodhall Spa advise on the potential risk of flooding in the Woodhall Spa region?
A vital part of the conveyancing procedure involves your lawyer carrying out environmental searches that give you specific information with respect to Woodhall Spa flood risk area data.
Could Woodhall Spa soil be contaminated by vanadium (V)?
There are laws imposed to stop future soil contamination. Data on many contaminants, such as groundwater contaminants like phenols, will be included in an environmental search.
Is the buyer or seller responsible for the searches?>
It is you, as the buyer, who is responsible for checking that all is well with the property you are buying. This is why your conveyancing solicitor will order a set of standard searches (Local Authority, Water and Drainage, Environmental, and Chancel Repair – these are also the searches requited by your mortgage lender), plus additional searches dependent on the property, recommendations from the surveyor in the survey report, and the location and history of the area.
Need a little help on understanding the detail of your conveyancing? Our solicitors make sure that everything about your transaction is clear so you always know what's going on. Call now on 0800 038 6699 and we'll get your conveyancing under way today.
We have found an abundance of helpful books about doing your own legal work such as How to Buy Your First Home (And How to Sell it Too). In which case, do I need to use a property lawyer in Woodhall Spa for my move?
Should you desire t have a stab you can definitely take care of he if not all of the legal and technical work without instructing an experienced conveyancing solicitor in Woodhall Spa. Of course legal firms would argue that inherently this is a risky method as DIY lawyers do not have the correct cover which firms and their solicitors are obliged to obtain.