COVID-19: Read the latest on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Yarmouth Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Yarmouth Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Yarmouth Q & A's

How much effort is it to sort out a house in multiple occupancy (HMO)?

A house in multiple occupancy is defined as a property where at least three tenants live forming more than one household (one person or more living together), but share kitchen and bathroom facilities.

As a landlord of an HMO, your responsibilities include ensuring proper fire safety measures are in place, gas safety checks are completed annually, the electric system is checked every five years, there are sufficient bathroom and kitchen facilities for everyone to comfortably use, communal areas are kept clean and safe to use, and waste disposal is managed effectively (provision of bins and bags).

This requires more effort than having a property to rent to one household, and you may wish to employ a solicitor to sort out the legal side of things in the first instance, and a property management company to handle the administration, disputes, etc. on a daily basis.

Homeward Legal's experienced solicitors have completed many different transactions including properties for HMOs. Why not give us a quick call now on 0800 038 6699 to get your conveyancing under way today?

As a consequence of the fact that last year was second wettest year since records began, I am wondering if environmental searches won't be thorough enough?

A good Yarmouth lawyer will consider carry out detailed environmental searches if the standard conveyancing searches spots a any kind of Yarmouth flood risk.

You can converse with a future neighbour for additional extra peace of mind.

What will a Yarmouth property solicitor advise if the property is within a Isle of Wight local authority conservation area and has unsightly roof aerials fitted?

Local authority Requisition for search and Official Certificate of Search conducted by a property lawyer during the conveyancing process should establish the existence of the appropriate authorisation for changes to the property.

What is the council tax on a period detached Band D home in Yarmouth?

You will be include your houses band as part of the report on title. The latest tax rates for homes in Yarmouth are detailed on the Isle of Wight council site. Currently (27 November 2012) rates are as follows:

  • Band A - £979.00
  • Band B - £1,142.00
  • Band C - £1,305.00
  • Band D - £1,468.00
  • Band E - £1,794.00
  • Band F - £2,120.00
  • Band G - £2,446.00
  • Band H - £2,936.00

What should I do about the transfer of ownership of the utility billing?

It is the responsibility of the former owners to inform the utilities firms (gas, electricity, water, etc.) that they are moving.

You should give your current suppliers at least 48 hours’ notice that you’re moving home and, when you leave your old property, you should take all the necessary readings and send them to your old supplier(s) along with your forwarding address, so that they can send you a final bill and sort out any credit you might be owed.

You should give your new utility suppliers at least 48 hours giving your personal details for the new property. When you move into your new property, you should take all the readings again and send them to the new suppliers so that they have a record of where to start the bills running.

What fact finding concerning the uncertain risk of floods around Isle Of Wight will a conveyancer in Yarmouth report back to us on for a Victorian property I am hoping to buy?

A conveyancing solicitor will carry out official environmental searches that will include Yarmouth area flood risk information. An inexpensive (around twenty pounds) and more thorough dedicated flood risk search, such as the Homecheck search, may be advocated by your conveyancer in Yarmouth if in the event that the enviro. search show that there is any risk of flooding.