Which local authority looks after Yate?
Yate is located in South Gloucestershire Council, The Council Offices, Castle Street, Thornbury, South Gloucestershire, BS35 1HF, Call: 01454 868 009
What do I provide to the solicitor on my house sale?
The list of documents required is quite simple, but will be required at different stages of the process (but ideally any forms should be completed and returned on the day of receipt and preferably delivered by hand or email).
- Proof of id
- Title deeds (if you have them; they might be lodged with the solicitor who handled the purchase of the property you are selling, or the mortgage company)
- Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10)
- Property Information Form (TA6) – information on boundaries, disputes and complaints with neighbours, notices and proposals, alterations and planning consents, building regulations, electricity and gas certificates, guarantees and warranties, insurance, environmental matters affecting the property, rights and informal arrangements, parking, other charges, services, connection to utilities and services, and transaction information
- Copies of documents referenced in the PIF
- Leasehold or shared freehold documents
- Management Information Pack
- Energy Performance Certificate
Providing all this documentation as quickly as possible, as well as responding to arising questions throughout the conveyancing within a couple of hours will help to speed the conclusion of your transaction up considerably.
Will we need a home buyers survey for our Yate property purchase?
It is heavily suggested that all purchasers arrange a house surveyor. A range issues have a negative impact on a property, for example failed double glazing and rotten roof timbers, and issues such as these are not likely to be investigated as part of the conveyancing itself.
When should you instruct a solicitor?
If you choose a firm with 'no move, no fee' protection, the sooner you instruct a firm, the better, as conveyancing involves a number of tasks that may be performed immediately. Promptly instructing a solicitor for your Yate transaction can limit the risk of your transaction falling through.
We are buying on a Yate ex-industrial site. Is the topsoil likely to be contaminated by waste minerals like aluminium?
There are considerable regulations in order to manage topsoil contamination. Various bodies hold data on land contaminants affecting Yate, including local authorities.