COVID-19: Read the latest on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Yorkshire and the Humber Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Yorkshire and the Humber Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Yorkshire and the Humber Q & A's

Is your solicitor team geared up for move quickly on the legal conveyancing of auction properties in Yorkshire and the Humber?

Indeed we are familiar with local and national auctions and do frequently work for sellers at auction. We often inform purchasers to select a local solicitor well before the actual auction to allow time for a full report.

Should I get my short lease extended before selling?

Buyers are becoming increasingly wary of buying leaseholds with less than 90 years to run because, first, the cost of increasing a leasehold is becoming far more expensive, and, second, mortgage companies are becoming increasingly reticent to lend money to buy leases that have dropped below the 80-year mark (indeed, this will be one of the criteria that they set to ensure their investment is protected).

As a result, buyers will often insist that the leasehold be extended back up to the 99-year or 125-year typical thresholds before going ahead and buying it. So, as the current leaseholder, you will almost certainly be expected to do the legal work required to extend the lease to a level that buyers will be happy with.

I’ve lost my gas/electrical certificates; will that stop me moving?

There is no legal imperative for you to provide either the gas or electrical safety certificates as the seller; you are required to provide a gas safety certificate on an annual basis, however, if you are planning on letting the property out. The Institution of Electrical Engineers recommends that an electrical certificate be updated at least every ten years or when the property is transferred to a new owner (every 5 years if you are letting the property out).

However, this usually means that this is the responsibility of the buyer with the onus on organising an inspection for a new certificate falling on them.

Homeward Legal offers competitive, fixed-fee quotes, protected by our 'No Completion, No Fee' guarantee. Try our online quote calculator or call our team on 0800 038 6699 to see what we mean.

What makes the sale conveyancing process appear to be so drawn out?

The legal work undertaken to transfer a home in Yorkshire and the Humber could take more time. We aim to minimise their effect by proactively handling all enquiries.

What will the conveyancing searches usually cost?

With a Homeward Legal solicitor, you will be charged at most £249 for Yorkshire and the Humber searches. More uncommon searches include a search of the Index Map.

We are buying a property where the seller has unfortunately fitted ugly windows to the property in Yorkshire and the Humber which might possibly defy local conservation area guidelines

The conveyancing solicitor will always confirm if the property is affected by a designated conservation area, and if so whether any modifications have appropriate consents from the Teignbridge authority.