Get an Instant 
Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:
Trustpilot rates us 5 star!

Transfer of Equity in Longhope

A transfer of equity occurs when a property owner wishes to change the legal ownership of the property. Reasons include marriage, divorce and tax planning.

Homeward Legal's solicitors offer expert legal assistance with your transfer of equity.

Get an instant quote for a transfer of equity in Longhope.

Remortgage Solicitors Longhope

Homeward Legal's panel of solicitors carry out remortgage conveyancing for Longhope clients every week.

We strive to complete your remortgage legal work quickly, so that you benefit from your new mortgage deal as soon as possible.

Get an online Longhope solicitor remortgage quote to begin.

Speak to us

or call us: 0800 038 6699

The Conveyancing
Process Explained

Read More

Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing in Longhope Q & A's

Profile photo of Lorraine Imhoff


Ask Lorraine a question

Updated: 19/10/16

Longhope information

Longhope's closest airport is Gloucester Airport (13 miles). Defford Airport (disused) Airport is 21 mile away and Longhope's nearest train station is Gloucester at 9 miles.

Dilke Memorial Ruspidge is a nearby hospital.


What are the best conveyancing rates for a £195,000 property?


Confusion over this topic catches out many homeowners, and can leave them paying far more in fees than they budgeted. Many firms offer so-called 'the cheapest conveyancing quotes'. However extra costs will be included in the solicitor's terms of engagement. Applicable disbursements should be included on a Longhope conveyancing quote Costs ought to be reasonable and be applied only where your solicitor must perform additional tasks in your interest, which could not be anticipated at the start of the process. Based on the property you intend to buy, our online quote calculator will generate an accurate statement of conveyancing fees.


What does the Longhope conveyancing solicitor advise if the flat we hope to invest in is situated in a Forest of Dean planning authority conservation area that possibly has unsightly artificial stone cladding fitted?


The local authority searches carried out by a solicitor as part of the conveyancing will verify the existence of the appropriate authorisation for any additions to the building.


Should I get a house surveyor to examine this Longhope property purchase?


We firmly suggest that you order a property survey. There can be many defects that have a negative impact on a property, that a solicitor will be unable to address, including wet rot and cavity wall tie failure.


How many weeks may conveyancing take? We have a buyer ready.

The number of weeks required to sell or purchase a home is not wholly predictable, influenced by a broad set of concerns such as whether the property is leasehold. With our Longhope property specialists, your sale or purchase is handled as fast as possible, without compromising on service.


Which body looks after for publishing the state of the conservation areas in Longhope?


Local conservation areas are set up by the local Forest of Dean planning authority, who preserve everything from including things like excessive road signs, satellite dishes and area development. Following a campaign, English Heritage now maintain a list about the state of repair of conservation areas in Longhope and across England as well as the vulnerability.


Will our Longhope property solicitor in form me about the cost of council tax for a Band A building prior to exchange?


Your homes pertinent council tax band will conventionally be highlighted within the title report along with the local authority.

The correct charges for residents of Longhope are set out in detail at the Forest of Dean council site. At the time of writing on 16 February 2013 rates are:

  • Band A - £1,006.00
  • Band B - £1,174.00
  • Band C - £1,342.00
  • Band D - £1,509.00
  • Band E - £1,845.00
  • Band F - £2,180.00
  • Band G - £2,516.00
  • Band H - £3,019.00


If we are intending to buy in the parish of Ilmington, do we need a chancel search?


Regardless of the Longhope parish you are buying in, the solicitor should confirm that a chancel search is ordered. Although some Parochial Church Councils (PCCs) have taken the decision to charge chancel repairs on the current owners, there is no way to be certain that a parish in which lay rectors have not been expected to pay chancel repair dues recently will not continue to be so. It is not safe to rely on the historical behaviour of the parish council alone as a guide.


Will your lawyer in Longhope get any conveyancing searches on the Gloucestershire Sixties mid terrace bungalow I am purchasing


The normal conveyancing protocol will be to obtain the following Local Authority Search, Drainage and Water Search and Environment Search, and possibly less common searches e.g. a Subsidence.