Get an Instant 
Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:
Trustpilot rates us 5 star!

Transfer of Equity in Rubery

A transfer of equity occurs when a property owner wishes to change the legal ownership of the property. Reasons include marriage, divorce and tax planning.

Homeward Legal's solicitors offer expert legal assistance with your transfer of equity.

Get an instant quote for a transfer of equity in Rubery.

Remortgage Solicitors Rubery

Homeward Legal's panel of solicitors carry out remortgage conveyancing for Rubery clients every week.

We strive to complete your remortgage legal work quickly, so that you benefit from your new mortgage deal as soon as possible.

Get an online Rubery solicitor remortgage quote to begin.

Call now on

or call us: 0800 038 6699

The Conveyancing
Process Explained

Read More

Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing in Rubery Q & A's

Profile photo of Lorraine Imhoff


Ask Lorraine a question

Updated: 18/10/16

Local information:

Drivers are well served with Rubery being well placed with very good motorway access close at approximately a mile and a half of the M5 Junction 4 Northbound.

Rubery's closest airport is Birmingham Airport (13 miles). Coventry Airport is 24 miles, Wolverhampton Business Airport Airport is 14 miles and Defford Airport (disused) Airport is 22 miles away and Longbridge train station is approximately a mile from Rubery.

The neighbouring hospital for Rubery is West Heath Kings Norton.


We need to find the cheapest conveyancing solicitors in Rubery. What do I need to check for?


Many property lawyers purport to offer theoretically cheap conveyancing. Unfortunately extra costs are frequently hidden in the terms that homeowners often do not check. Applicable disbursements ought to be defined on a quote


My agent has referred a property lawyer. Will it be faster to use this firm?


Many estate agents will have a referral arrangement with solicitors where they refer clients to them. If the agent is paid a referral fee, however, there is a risk that the agent may suggest the conveyancer who pays out the highest referral fee, not the most appropriate choice.


Can you give the reasons why conveyancing work to buy in Rubery requires weeks?


Conveyancing could take more time. We strive to reduce the burden of these delays where viable by driving the transaction forward.


What will the council tax cost me for a investment Band D maisonette in Rubery?

The respective band should conventionally be highlighted within the conveyancing report on title along with the governing local authority

The latest council tax charges for residents of Rubery are set out on the Bromsgrove council site. Currently, 01 October 2012, band rates are:

  • Band A - £1,002.00
  • Band B - £1,169.00
  • Band C - £1,336.00
  • Band D - £1,503.00
  • Band E - £1,836.00
  • Band F - £2,170.00
  • Band G - £2,504.00
  • Band H - £3,005.00


Is contaminated land a concern in Rubery?


Land in Rubery may have been contaminated by many human activities, and an environmental search should reveal if a specific residence may be affected by contaminants in the area such as shallow mining or infilled land.


Do you need a chancel search? We are buying in Rubery.


Where land in Rubery was once owned by a lay-rector, new owners of that property may be obliged to contribute towards repairs to specific local church buildings. Following a change in the law, interest over any affected land must be registered by October 2013. This will make it easier to identify affected property through a chancel search. A conveyancing solicitor will be able to advise further. Church properties in the area where a chancel search may be necessary include St Chad.


How does the lawyer in Rubery investigate the risk of a flood in Rubery?


A key part of the legal procedure involved in buying a home involves the conveyancer applying for conveyancing searches that offer detail with respect to Rubery flooding.


Property lawyers in Rubery carry out a variety of property when they are instructed by a property purchaser - which specific searches?


If taking out a mortgage the lender will expect a specified set of searches, including - Local Authority (personal or official), Drainage and Water Search (CON29DW or personal) and Environment Search,, and specific local Rubery searches, like a Official Search of Part with Priority (OS2).