COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Alderley Edge Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Alderley Edge Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Alderley Edge Q & A's

Is there anything we are supposed to do to make our Alderley Edge conveyancing faster?

As is often reported, finding a communicative property lawyer is essential to fast conveyancing. Furthermore, there are several tasks you can also do to get moving sooner, such as, asking for property searches to be ordered immediately, arranging your mortgage offer and promptly completing and return any forms.

If you are buying a property on the same road as a 13th Century priory in Alderley Edge, should you get a chancel liability search?

Owners of property neighbouring nearby church property may be required to contribute towards the cost of repairs. This is referred to as chancel repair liability. A chancel search confirms that such a liability exists. A conveyancing lawyer will be able to advise further. Alderley Edge Church of England properties include St Philip.

When do you need to arrange a solicitor in Alderley Edge?

If you choose a firm with 'no move, no fee' protection, the sooner you instruct a firm, the better, as there are several tasks that can be carried out very early in the process. Early instruction of a firm to act on your Alderley Edge sale or purchase for a purchase may mean that you can shave days off the process by having the details of your instructed solicitor ready when you make an offer, or, if you are selling a property, paperwork can be prepared, even before a buyer is found.

I have read about handling the legal work as a buyer of a maisonette - Is it reckless to enact the legal conveyancing process ourselves?

If you wish to have a go you can do the legal work without the services of property solicitor in Alderley Edge. More importantly DIY conveyancers will be working without applicable indemnity insurance which all solicitors practices are obligated to carry.

I am purchasing in Alderley Edge, and would like to find out whether there are any conservation areas.

These areas delineate regions of special architectural or historic interest. The advantages of these restrictions include protection against unsympathetic development, but they can add to maintenance costs. Your lawyer will be able to offer more information.

What should I do about the transfer of ownership of the utility billing?

It is the responsibility of the former owners to inform the utilities firms (gas, electricity, water, etc.) that they are moving.

You should give your current suppliers at least 48 hours’ notice that you’re moving home and, when you leave your old property, you should take all the necessary readings and send them to your old supplier(s) along with your forwarding address, so that they can send you a final bill and sort out any credit you might be owed.

You should give your new utility suppliers at least 48 hours giving your personal details for the new property. When you move into your new property, you should take all the readings again and send them to the new suppliers so that they have a record of where to start the bills running.

What can a Alderley Edge conveyancing solicitor advise if the house is inside the boundary of a conservation area in Cheshire East planning authority and has incongruous dormer windows installed?

Local authority enquiries conducted by the solicitor during the conveyancing process should see if the property is inside a conservation area proof of planning authority consent for changes to the property will be supplied.

In the event that no necessary permissions be provided, your solicitor will advise you of the options such as obtaining an indemnity policy or getting retrospective approval from Cheshire East council.