COVID-19: Read the latest on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Costessey Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Costessey Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Costessey Q & A's

Can arsenic contaminate Costessey soil?

Even where some contamination has occurred in Costessey, risk levels are usually low. Also considering issues such as groundwater contamination and ammonia, contaminants affecting Costessey property will be factored into an environmental search.

Costessey conveyancers order formal property conveyancing searches if instructed by a property purchaser - what particular ones?

When obtaining a mortgage the lender will expect the following Local Authority (personal or official), Drainage Search (Con29DW) and Environmental,, and possibly area-specific searches, like a Company Searches.

How do I go about check whether the Costessey conservation area we are buying in is not being properly maintained?

English Heritage maintain a list of the state of repair of conservation areas. Conservation areas in Costessey are created by South Norfolk who govern the state of the area including things like billboards, loft extensions and building materials.

Will my Costessey conveyancing solicitor tell me about the cost of the council tax for a Band F house prior to exchanging contracts?

A property lawyer will speak to the South Norfolk local council to enquire about the up to date council tax rates, which should then be set out in the report on title.

Council tax rates for Costessey are listed at the South Norfolk local authority website. At the time of writing (01 December 2012) band rates are:

  • Band A - £1,023.00
  • Band B - £1,194.00
  • Band C - £1,364.00
  • Band D - £1,535.00
  • Band E - £1,876.00
  • Band F - £2,217.00
  • Band G - £2,558.00
  • Band H - £3,070.00

Which lenders in Costessey do you work with?

The Homeward Legal partnership work with the majority of lenders financing Costessey homebuyers. Costessey lenders and mortgage specialists include Go Direct (UK) Ltd, 60A West End, Costessey, Norwich, NR8 5AJ.

Is the buyer or seller responsible for the searches?>

It is you, as the buyer, who is responsible for checking that all is well with the property you are buying. This is why your conveyancing solicitor will order a set of standard searches (Local Authority, Water and Drainage, Environmental, and Chancel Repair – these are also the searches requited by your mortgage lender), plus additional searches dependent on the property, recommendations from the surveyor in the survey report, and the location and history of the area.

Need a little help on understanding the detail of your conveyancing? Our solicitors make sure that everything about your transaction is clear so you always know what's going on. Call now on 0800 038 6699 and we'll get your conveyancing under way today.

Is it recommended that we get a chancel search when I am buying a home near rectory grounds in Costessey?

Property owners near to specific local church buildings are expected to contribute towards repairs, as a result of chancel repair liability. Liability has the potential to impact the value of a Costessey property, but an indemnity policy may be available to protect the new owners. The solicitor performing your conveyancing will confirm that a chancel search is appropriate. Church of England properties in the local area include St Edmund.

What should I do about the transfer of ownership of the utility billing?

It is the responsibility of the former owners to inform the utilities firms (gas, electricity, water, etc.) that they are moving.

You should give your current suppliers at least 48 hours’ notice that you’re moving home and, when you leave your old property, you should take all the necessary readings and send them to your old supplier(s) along with your forwarding address, so that they can send you a final bill and sort out any credit you might be owed.

You should give your new utility suppliers at least 48 hours giving your personal details for the new property. When you move into your new property, you should take all the readings again and send them to the new suppliers so that they have a record of where to start the bills running.