COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Grange Park Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Grange Park Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Grange Park Q & A's

What is the council tax on a period converted Band E home in Grange Park?

You will be give detail the property's band with the report on title. Council tax rates for properties in Grange Park are set out online at the Northampton local authority site. As at (10 December 2012) rates are as follows:

  • Band A - £964.00
  • Band B - £1,124.00
  • Band C - £1,285.00
  • Band D - £1,445.00
  • Band E - £1,767.00
  • Band F - £2,088.00
  • Band G - £2,409.00
  • Band H - £2,891.00

Which local authority looks after Grange Park?

Grange Park is located in Northampton Borough Council, The Guildhall, St Giles Square, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 1DE, phone: 01604 837 837

What sort of scrutiny in respect to the risk of local flooding to properties in Northamptonshire will my property lawyer in Grange Park report on?

An important component in the legal procedure carried out when buying a property involves the conveyancing solicitor conducting property environmental searches that offer specific information with respect to risk of flooding in Grange Park.

I have taken out a quote from you. May we have to pay any hidden costs?

Our solicitors will never charge any extra, hidden fees for any reason. You Grange Park conveyancing quote is an single, accurate price the legal expenses for your move.

If I’m renting out rooms in my house, do I need to appoint a solicitor?

No, you don’t, because there is no legal imperative for you to do so. However, it’s not as straightforward as simply leasing out a room to a renter because there are certain provisions that must be met in order to protect you as the renter and the person renting the room.

This depends on the room and where it is in the property, state of the plumbing, insurance, and a number of other factors. You’ll also need to draw up a tenancy agreement to ensure demarcation and rights for both parties. While you won’t necessarily need a solicitor involved, it’s worth contacting a letting agency who will have the experience and knowledge to ensure you have everything in place. Be aware that any advice you seek from professionals may come with a fee, so it would be worth shopping around first.

Please advise how to defer paying out for SDLT?

Stamp duty reduction should be treated with extreme caution in Grange Park, as such schemes are expensive and HMRC may challenge a scheme up to six years later imposing fines and reviewing all your revenue matters. There have been certain official schemes, such as disadvantaged area relief.

If we plan to buy near Grange Park, in the parish of Lutton and Washingley, do we need a chancel search?

The property lawyer should confirm that a chancel search is taken out, regardless of the parish where the property being bought is located. Chancel repair has the potential to be imposed on owners of a property where Parochial Church Councils have not imposed the same liability on the last owners, so indemnity insurance may be advisable even if liability is unlikely.

If there are outstanding works approved in the planning consent, can I still use it?

Generally speaking, planning permission legally has to have an expiry date, which is usually for a period of three years from approval for the building work to start (and not necessarily complete, unless the consent has a suitable caveat).

This means that the consent is against the property and the intended construction rather than the person who made the application. As such, if the planning consent remains within the expiry period, the agreement is transferrable to the new owner of the property.

Your solicitor will be able to provide further advice, once enquiries with the local authority have been satisfactorily completed as part of the conveyancing.