COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Halesowen Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Halesowen Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Halesowen Q & A's

Is your solicitor team set up to handle fast completions on the legal conveyancing of residential property auction properties in Halesowen?

In fact we prepare legal packs for vendors and regularly act for buyers at auction. It is a shrewd move for purchasers to get a lawyer asap to allow enough time for a detailed investigation of the auction legal pack well in advance of the property auction.

Thereafter, following the day of the auction your lawyer is thoroughly focused on finishing the legal work in a month as conventionally required by the terms of sale.

What will the council tax cost me on a investment Band C flat in Halesowen?

The pertinent council tax band will ordinarily be set out in the report on title along with the local authority. Up-to-date charges for homes in Halesowen are detailed online at the Bromsgrove local authority website. At the time of writing, 10 October 2012, rates are:

  • Band A - £1,002.00
  • Band B - £1,169.00
  • Band C - £1,336.00
  • Band D - £1,503.00
  • Band E - £1,836.00
  • Band F - £2,170.00
  • Band G - £2,504.00
  • Band H - £3,005.00

Is it hard to sell a property located in a conservation area?

A conservation area is designated and managed by the local authority to ensure the unique nature of the location is maintained by placing restrictions on changes to the buildings, street furniture and green spaces to protect the architectural or historical interest of everything within the conservation area boundary.

Because of this resistance to change, this usually means homes in conservation areas are more attractive to buyers, and, as such, there may be a premium to pay over properties outside such areas. Because of the attraction of such property, they will usually sell well and quickly. However, there will need to be greater checks by the buyer’s solicitor to verify that your property conforms to the conservation area restrictions, which may add extra time to the duration of the conveyancing.

Homeward Legal's solicitors have a great deal of experience working with sales and purchases in conservation areas, so why not give our team a quick call on 0800 038 6699 right now to find out what we can do to help your plans?

Coventry Building Society is our lender, what do I need to check?

When buying with a mortgage, a mortgage provider will need legal work to be undertaken in relation to the mortgage. A small number of lenders have limited the firms who can act for them. For purchasers, this can result in significantly higher legal costs. We are able to act for the majority of lenders.

Can I agree a sale price without involving an estate agent or solicitor?

This depends on whether you have signed up with an estate agent and what agreement is already in place. While it might seem unfair if you’ve found a buyer outside of the estate agency process and you’re expected to still pay the agent their fees on sale, you should be very careful about stepping outside the agreed terms and conditions since this is legally binding and you may face penalties as a result. Therefore, if you want to follow this course, it’s worth checking the details with a solicitor to ensure you’re following the letter of the law.

If you’re not with an agent, you can publicise your house details with a number of publications and online sites (some are free, others require a fee), but you’ll need to do all the legwork and administration. For a legal standpoint, you don’t need to appoint a solicitor to perform the conveyancing, but it would be an unwise option to pursue as you will probably have neither the training or experience in some its complexities, and you won’t have the protective indemnity insurance in the event of a problem arising with your work.