COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Hawkhurst Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Hawkhurst Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Hawkhurst Q & A's

In the next month we are looking to move from our terraced residence in Hawkhurst into a property in Faversham , when to choose a removals firm?

We will recommend that buyers and sellers wait until such time as exchange of contracts as in advance of this commonly a moving date wont have been settled.

Speak to Compass, Horns Hill, Hawkhurst, Cranbrook, TN18 4XG on 01580 754391.

We are buying on a new-build brownfield land. Can the top-soil still be contaminated?

With this region's industrial history in parts of Hawkhurst, top-soil contamination is inescapable. Also considering issues such as asbestos, contaminants affecting Hawkhurst property will be factored into an environmental search.

Do I need to choose the conveyancing put forward by my agent?

The Hawkhurst agent will push a solicitors firm. However, if they are paid a referral fee, an agent may decide to recommend whichever firm pays the most per referral, not the most suitable for you.

How look for check out if the Hawkhurst conservation area is neglected?

English Heritage, a government body, have put together a detailed list on the state of conservation areas in Hawkhurst and throughout England along with the trend. Local conservation areas are designated by the local authority (Tunbridge Wells) who are responsible for the state of the area including things like neglected buildings, satellite dishes and trees.

If I’m renting out rooms in my house, do I need to appoint a solicitor?

No, you don’t, because there is no legal imperative for you to do so. However, it’s not as straightforward as simply leasing out a room to a renter because there are certain provisions that must be met in order to protect you as the renter and the person renting the room.

This depends on the room and where it is in the property, state of the plumbing, insurance, and a number of other factors. You’ll also need to draw up a tenancy agreement to ensure demarcation and rights for both parties. While you won’t necessarily need a solicitor involved, it’s worth contacting a letting agency who will have the experience and knowledge to ensure you have everything in place. Be aware that any advice you seek from professionals may come with a fee, so it would be worth shopping around first.

What causes the purchase conveyancing process to take weeks to complete?

Conveyancing may be held up. We aim to minimise the cost of these delays by driving the transaction forward.

The home I’m buying has been empty for two years; what questions should I be asking the solicitor, the estate agent, and the surveyor?

If a home has been empty for a considerable period (such as the two years mentioned here), there’s usually a reason for it. There is estimated to be around a quarter of a million properties in the country that have been empty for more than 6 months.

The primary reason is that the owner hasn’t the funds to renovate the property, or they’ve started gutting the place and run out of money to take it further, or perhaps there’s been a significant problem (e.g. fire or flood are common instances). Most likely, these properties will come up at auction.

Your estate agent will be aware of its history if the property is on their books, so you can find out a lot from them, the council will have an empty property officer, and the Land Registry will have information on the deeds. As far as the solicitor is concerned, they will establish the position on the property as part of the conveyancing, while the surveyor will have experience of checking out such properties, with the advice that you order a Building Survey (the most detailed of the options) to check out its structural integrity. Note that mortgage lenders will be more reluctant to offer a loan on such homes.

Ultimately, the ball is in your court and, if you want to pursue buying such a property, you need to be prepared to do the research, which can take up a lot of time.

The moving process can be bewildering and stressful. Let Homeward Legal look after the legal side of things for you and we'll guide you through the process from start to end. Call 0800 038 6699 to find out more.

What are searches, and how do they differ from a survey?

Searches are a set of enquiries carried out by your surveyor to various authorities such as the local council, HM Land Registry, etc., and focuses on the impact of the local area on your potential enjoyment of living at the property, while a survey (a HomeBuyer Report or Building Survey) is focused on the structural integrity of the home and its permanent outbuildings and constructions.

While each may throw up similar issues (such as missing planning consents or boundary issues), they are very different and achieve very different purposes.

Our solicitors at Homeward Legal are willing and happy to explain anything you don't understand in the conveyancing, because you need to know what you're getting for our competitively-priced fixed fee. Call our team on 0800 038 6699.