Get an Instant 
Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Transfer of Equity in Kent

A transfer of equity occurs when a property owner wishes to change the legal ownership of the property. Reasons include marriage, divorce and tax planning.

Homeward Legal's solicitors offer expert legal assistance with your transfer of equity.

Get an instant quote for a transfer of equity in Kent.

Remortgage Solicitors Kent

Homeward Legal's panel of solicitors carry out remortgage conveyancing for Kent clients every week.

We strive to complete your remortgage legal work quickly, so that you benefit from your new mortgage deal as soon as possible.

Get an online Kent solicitor remortgage quote to begin.

Prefer to Call?

or call us: 0800 038 6699

The Conveyancing
Process Explained

Read More

Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing in Kent Q & A's

Profile photo of Lorraine Imhoff


Ask Lorraine a question

Updated: 29/11/16

Commuting to the area? ;

Rochester, Maidstone Rd Airport is 16 miles from Kent. London Airport is 23 miles, Manston Airport is 23 miles, Lydd Airport is 22 miles and Rochester Airport is 16 miles away and the nearest train station to Kent is Faversham.


Things to do in Kent


Charing Kent Windmill, Belmont Historic Houses Association and Maison Dieu English Heritage are in Kent.

The closest hospital for Kent is Faversham Cottage.


How do I find a discount conveyancing estimate?


Many firms offer theoretically cheap conveyancing. Often extra fees can inflate your solicitor's invoice. Any additional costs should be fair and reasonable. They be applicable solely where your solicitor must complete work beyond standard conveyancing , which could not be anticipated at the start of the process. Your quote should state any disbursements.


How much is the council tax on a residential mid-terrace Band G home in Kent?


Ordinarily, a title report will include the Ashford council tax band.

Correct charges for Kent are published at the Ashford council website. At the time of writing, 29 July 2012, the rates are:

  • Band A - £942.00
  • Band B - £1,099.00
  • Band C - £1,256.00
  • Band D - £1,413.00
  • Band E - £1,727.00
  • Band F - £2,042.00
  • Band G - £2,356.00
  • Band H - £2,827.00


If I am buying in Kent on the same road as a parsonage, do we need to get a chancel search?


Property owners in a neighbourhood near nearby church property must contribute towards repairs, where chancel repair liability exists. Following the Land Registration Act 2002, interest over any affected land must be registered by October 2013. Your conveyancing lawyer can provide more details. Church properties in the area include St Mary the Virgin and Vigo Church.


What causes the sale conveyancing process appear to be so drawn out?


The conveyancing process can be held up by myriad unpredictable issues. Homeward Legal work hard to minimise their burden by pushing all parties involved. There are numerous reasons for delay, such as slow solicitors acting for the other side.


If we are intending to purchase near Kent, in the parish of Otford, do we need a chancel search?


The conveyancing solicitor may suggest that a chancel search be ordered, irrespective of the parish in which the building being purchased is found. Chancel repair can be imposed on owners of a building where church councils may have spared previous owners or tenants.


The current owner has unfortunately added dormer windows to the maisonette which we think may contravene the Gillingham Green conservation area guidelines.


Your property solicitor will check whether the property is affected by a designated conservation area and whether any alterations have requisite consent from the local authority.


Which local authority is responsible for Kent?

  • Kent is a large county served by a number of local councils, some of which are wholly located in Kent and others that intersect with it:
  • Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford, Kent, TN23 1PL, phone: 01233 331 111
  • Canterbury City Council, Military Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1YW, phone: 01227 862 000
  • Dartford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Home Gardens, Dartford, Kent, DA1 1DR, phone: 01322 343 434
  • Dover District Council, White Cliffs Business Park, Dover, Kent, CT16 3PJ, phone: 01304 821 199
  • Gravesham Borough Council, Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 1AU, phone: 01474 564 422
  • London Borough of Bromley Council, Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH, phone: 020 8464 3339
  • London Borough of Lewisham Council, Town Hall, Catford, London, SE6 4RU
  • Maidstone Borough Council, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6JQ phone: 01622 602 000
  • Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR, phone: 01634 333 333
  • Sevenoaks District Council, Council Offices, Argyle Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 1HG, phone: 01732 227 000
  • Shepway District Council, Civic Centre, Castle Hill Avenue, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 2QY, phone: 01303 853 000
  • Swale Borough Council, Swale House, East Street, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 3HT, phone: 01795 417 850
  • Thanet District Council, PO Box 9, Cecil Street, Margate, Kent, CT9 1XZ, phone: 01843 577 000
  • Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, Town Hall, Civic Way, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1RS, phone: 01892 526 121

Should the fixtures and fittings include things such as chairs?


New owners will often be frustrated with the lack of formality around what fixtures and fittings should be included. Completion or agreement of a fixtures and fittings form is unfortunately often left to the last minute, when a dispute may jeopordise the transaction. This makes the completion of a fixtures and fittings form essential.