Your conveyancing quote in seconds

All of our fees are fixed and complete for standard conveyancing transactions, meaning you won’t pay any extra later on. We also have a ‘No Move, No Fee’ guarantee.

Which service do you require?

The Conveyancing
Process Explained

Read More

Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing in Kings Heath Q & A's

Profile photo of Lorraine Imhoff


Ask Lorraine a question lorraine@homewardlegal.co.uk

Updated: 18/07/17

Kings Heath services information and addresses ;

The closest station to Kings Heath is Bournville, approximately 1 mile away. Kings Heath's closest airport is Birmingham Airport. Coventry Airport is 19 miles and Wolverhampton Business Airport Airport is 17 miles away.

Moseley Hall is a nearby hospital for Kings Heath.


I am trying to find a discount conveyancing quote in Kings Heath. as we are on a budget.


Many solicitors purport to offer supposedly 'the cheapest conveyancing quotes', but additional costs will be included in the solicitor's terms. Charges listed in the solicitor's terms should be fair and clearly defined and only apply in cases where the solicitor must complete unanticipated additional work for you, which could not be anticipated at the start of the process.


How soon should I instruct a conveyancing solicitor to act for us?


Whether you are buying or selling in Kings Heath, earlier is preferable, as the legal work can begin immediately. Prompt instruction of a conveyancing solicitor can reduce the likelihood of the other side pulling out.


The house in Kings Heath being purchased is on a former industrial site. Could the top-soil be contaminated by industrial waste?


Even where some contamination has occurred in Kings Heath, risk levels are usually low. Environment search results will factor contaminants, including metals and others such as hazardous gases.


Which local authority is responsible for Kings Heath?

Kings Heath is located in Bromsgrove District Council, The Council House, Burcot Lane, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 1AA, phone: 01527 881 288


What is the council tax on a Forties detached house in Kings Heath?


Ordinarily, the title report will give detail the Birmingham council tax band. Up-to-date rates for homes in Kings Heath are published online at the Birmingham local authority site. At the time of writing on 24/10/2012 rates are as follows:

  • Band A - £841.00
  • Band B - £981.00
  • Band C - £1,121.00
  • Band D - £1,261.00
  • Band E - £1,542.00
  • Band F - £1,822.00
  • Band G - £2,102.00
  • Band H - £2,522.00


Which issues assist with organising a fast exchange and completion?


Finding a proactive solicitor is essential to a fast transaction. That said, there are a range of tasks you could do. These include:

  • replying to your solicitor by phone, fax or email
  • organising your finances, including arranging a mortgage
  • contacting your solicitor regularly


Which Kings Heath mortgage lenders do you work with?


We have solicitors who have experience working with all the major lenders serving home buyers in Kings Heath. Lenders and mortgage specialists in Kings Heath include First IFA Mortgages Ltd, 20 High St, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 7JT, and Urban Mortgages, 449 Brook La, Birmingham, B13 0BT.


Where do we find out additional info on the conservation areas in Kings Heath?


English Heritage keep details in relation to the state of repair of conservation areas along with the vulnerability. Conservation area concerns such as area development, the addition of stone cladding or poorly maintained public spaces are governed by the local Birmingham planning authority.