COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Royton Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Royton Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Royton Q & A's

Why could sale conveyancing legal work seem to be so slow?

Conveyancing may potentially be delayed. Homeward Legal know the needless stress these can cause and strive to minimise the impact of these delays wherever feasible. Delays can include the time taken to return management information.

May the conveyancing conceal any hidden costs?

Homeward Legal's solicitors never hide any hidden extra costs whatsoever. Your quote is an single, accurate fee.

Which local authority looks after Royton?

Royton is located in Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council, Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham, Lancashire, OL1 1UG, Call: 0161 770 3000

Can I withdraw my offer on a property at any time?

When you make an offer on a house that has been accepted by the vendor, you can ask them to take it off the market as part of the acceptance. If you are selling, you can show your intent by agreeing to remove it from other potential buyers’ interest.

As a buyer, you can withdraw your offer at any time (and, as a seller, you can reject an offer at any time) up to the exchange of contracts, which means you are now legally committed to go through with the transaction at the agreed price. You should check your contract with both the estate agent and your conveyancing solicitor as there may be fees and other penalties associated with pulling out of the transaction after the offer was initially agreed.

If you decide to withdraw from the contract after exchange, then you are in breach. This means, if you’re the buyer, the seller is entitled to keep whatever agreed sum has been set for the deposit, and could claim damages; as the seller, you will be liable to pay interest accrued during the Notice to Complete period as well as the deposit, and the potential for claiming losses, and the buyer has to return everything about the property at the seller’s expense.

Do I need to opt for a firm of solicitors offered by our estate agent in Royton?

Estate agent recommendations are a commonplace way to find a solicitor. These referrals should be compared against alternatives, as an agent may choose whichever firm pays the most per referral, not a firm with local expertise and a solid reputation.

Is it easy to sell a house without using an estate agent?

It’s relatively straightforward to sell your own home without involving an estate agent, although you should be warned that it’s a time-consuming process (which is why agents set a certain fee to pay for their time in getting your home sold).

First you need to get a proper valuation of your home, which can be done by paying a chartered surveyor and registered valuer, or you can research the house prices in the area for similar properties to get an idea of how they are selling.

Once you are happy with the price, you can advertise the property (there are several free sites that allow you to do this). Legally, you’re required to obtain an Energy Performance Certificate for the property before putting it up for sale, so you’ll need to organize a registered energy assessor to create this for you. Then you can start arranging viewings and negotiate an agreed price with anyone who is interested.

We would recommend, however, that you sign up with an estate agent as they can do all the leg work for you. The key thing, though, is to understand their fees and rates before signing an agreement with them.

If we plan to buy in the parish of Royton, will we need a chancel search?

The conveyancing lawyer could advise a chancel search, whichever parish in which the building being purchased is found. Through some Parochial Church Councils have chosen to exact chancel repairs on the current owners of affected property, a conveyancing solicitor cannot verify that a parish which has not imposed liability will not automatically be the case for future owners, so it can be difficult to use this as a guide.