COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Streetly Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Streetly Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Streetly Q & A's

When buying a 1930s investment property in a designated Streetly conservation area. How do we find details about the state of repair of the Streetly conservation area?

Conservation areas are specified by the local Walsall planning authority, who regulate everything from what can be demolished to the impediment of poorly maintained roads. Following a campaign, English Heritage now maintain information in relation to the state of conservation areas as well as the vulnerability to a decline in standards.

What do I provide to the solicitor on my house sale?

The list of documents required is quite simple, but will be required at different stages of the process (but ideally any forms should be completed and returned on the day of receipt and preferably delivered by hand or email).

  • Proof of id
  • Title deeds (if you have them; they might be lodged with the solicitor who handled the purchase of the property you are selling, or the mortgage company)
  • Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10)
  • Property Information Form (TA6) – information on boundaries, disputes and complaints with neighbours, notices and proposals, alterations and planning consents, building regulations, electricity and gas certificates, guarantees and warranties, insurance, environmental matters affecting the property, rights and informal arrangements, parking, other charges, services, connection to utilities and services, and transaction information
  • Copies of documents referenced in the PIF
  • Leasehold or shared freehold documents
  • Management Information Pack
  • Energy Performance Certificate

Providing all this documentation as quickly as possible, as well as responding to arising questions throughout the conveyancing within a couple of hours will help to speed the conclusion of your transaction up considerably.

What’s the difference between exchange of contracts and completion?

When you exchange contracts, this means that you are agreeing to all the terms drawn up within the contract made between you on one side of the transaction, and the opposite party on the other side. It is from this point that you are legally obliged to go through with the transaction (unless you want to be subject to financial and/or legal penalties).

The completion of contracts is the point where you officially take over ownership of the property, receive the keys and can move in. All monies are transferred between the various parties and the conveyancing solicitor contacts the Land Registry to register the change of ownership to you.

Confused by the jargon in conveyancing? Let Homeward Legal's straightforward and clear service help guide you to as early a completion as possible. Try our online quote generator or call us on 0800 038 6699.

What length of time should conveyancing legal work usually take, in your experience?

The length of time required to sell or purchase a house may vary, affected by potentially many issues which may affect the property including if the property being bought or sold is leasehold. Nationally, the average is up to twelve weeks, but we drive the process forwards, completing within eight weeks.

As a consequence of the major flooding last year in the Midlands, we are worried that flood searches may not be exacting enough?

Flood risk searches handled by the conveyancer in Streetly will also include the far more thorough search (Landmark) if the risk warrants it.

If you are worried why not consider contacting a close neighbour.

May our legal fees introduce any additional charges?

Regrettably, it is common practice for some firms to hide fees in small print. We do not charge any additional costs. Some websites offer unrealistically low 'quotes' which are in fact estimates, which they will not be required to adhere to.

What should I do about the transfer of ownership of the utility billing?

It is the responsibility of the former owners to inform the utilities firms (gas, electricity, water, etc.) that they are moving.

You should give your current suppliers at least 48 hours’ notice that you’re moving home and, when you leave your old property, you should take all the necessary readings and send them to your old supplier(s) along with your forwarding address, so that they can send you a final bill and sort out any credit you might be owed.

You should give your new utility suppliers at least 48 hours giving your personal details for the new property. When you move into your new property, you should take all the readings again and send them to the new suppliers so that they have a record of where to start the bills running.

What conservation areas are there in Streetly?

Conservation areas protect local areas of 'special architectural and historic interest'. These restrictions adds to upkeep costs, but the benefits include an increase in local property values. Your solicitor will be able to provide more details.