There is no obligation, and you will see your quote online rather than having to wait for an email or call.

Which service do you require?

Fixed Fee Conveyancing
No-Completion protection*
Excellent Trustpilot rating
CQS accredited solicitors
Customer Helpline Mon-Sun


  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.

  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.

  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained





Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In West Norwood Q & A's

How long does it take to move house?

Those new to buying property are often surprised by how long the process can take from start to finish. There are several factors that come into play when determining how long your transaction will take from having your offer accepted to moving into your new home: The number of people involved in the chain (the shorter it is, the easier to manage and therefore shorter in duration potentially), problems with one or more buyers in the chain getting a mortgage offer, communication, management and many others.

The greatest time that needs to be set aside is for the conveyancing, which is the complex legal process of transferring ownership of the property from seller to buyer, replicated along the entire chain. Typically, the conveyancing can take an average of between eight and twelve weeks to complete, so, in reality, you should be thinking in terms of months.

However, if you appoint a results-focused and proactive solicitor, who will do everything possible to reduce the length of time, including talking to everyone involved in the chain, pushing for swift return of forms and documentation, and using modern technology to drive the process forward, you will stand a better chance of the conveyancing being a lot shorter. And the earlier you appoint them, the quicker they can get started on your transaction.

Looking for great conveyancing where our solicitors work hard to deliver your completion as early as possible? Call Homeward Legal on 0800 038 6699 to find out how low our fees are.

Which local authority is responsible for West Norwood?

West Norwood is located in London Borough of Lambeth Council, Town Hall, Brixton Hill, London, SW2 1RW, Tel: 020 7926 1000

We are buying a house in the parish of Shadwell. Is a chancel search needed?

A conveyancing lawyer could advise that a chancel search be taken out, whichever parish in which the home being purchased is found. Chancel repair may be apportioned on owners of a home where Parochial Church Councils (PCCs) have not imposed the same liability on the last owners. In the event that chancel liability may apply, your solicitor might recommend insurance rather than pulling out of the purchase.

Who do I give the appliance warranties to if they are being left at the property I’m selling?

If you are leaving what is generally termed ‘white goods’ at the property you are selling, which are still in warranty, the documentation should be given to your solicitor so that any warranties can be given to the buyer’s solicitor as part of the contract.

Note that, should you be leaving any electrical (or other) items at the property, this should be made clear on the Fixtures and Fittings Form (TA10) and agreed as early as possible between you and the buyers, particularly if you want financial recompense in so doing.

Which of the mortgage lender panels in West Norwood are you on?

We have worked with the majority of lenders assisting West Norwood purchasers. Local mortgage lenders and brokers include Accomodation Mortgage Travel, 169A Norwood High St, London, SE27 9TB.

How do we get out of paying for stamp duty?

Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) usually must be paid for property purchases sold for over £125,000. Homeward Legal do not advise buyers expose their finances to any stamp duty mitigation, as such schemes are expensive and HMRC may challenge a scheme up to six years later.

What amount of time does conveyancing legal work require, on average? We have a buyer ready.

The number of weeks needed to buy or sell a house can vary. This is affected by a number of factors including if a third party is slow to respond. Our solicitors ensure your transaction is undertaken with the utmost care and speed.

We plan to complete on around 25th July. What should be worked out for stamp duty?

The SDLT owed is dependent on a small number of factors, most importantly the purchase price. For a residential property bought for £105000, stamp duty will be £0.