COVID-19: Find out more on how we can support your conveyancing journey

Wolsingham Conveyancing Solicitor Quote

Fixed Cost Wolsingham Conveyancing Quote

  1. Fixed Price Conveyancing
    Our solicitors carry out all the conveyancing work for your house move for a fixed fee.
  2. No-Completion protection*
    You will not be charged any solicitors fees, if for any reason your transaction does not complete.
  3. Local CQS-accredited Solicitors
    With local experience, our solicitors will lead you through the whole of your sale or purchase.
Fixed Fee Conveyancing

No additional fees whatsoever.

The Conveyancing
Process Explained






Get an Instant Conveyancing Quote

Please quote me for:

Conveyancing In Wolsingham Q & A's

Do we need a chancel search when my partner and I are purchasing a property close by a church built in around the 17th Century in Wolsingham?

Some owners in Wolsingham can be required to fund upkeep of church property in the locality. A number of sources are used to identify liability, including county histories. Church of England properties in the area include St Mary & St Stephen.

We are using a local lender in County Durham, and need to know which Wolsingham lenders your conveyancing solicitors work with. Whose panels are you on?

Most lenders in Wolsingham are on our solicitors' panels. Wolsingham lenders and mortgage specialists include McLaran Financial, 1 Princes St, Bishop Auckland, DL14 7BB, Rainbow Financial Services (Durham) Ltd, 1/Holly Garth/Brandon La, Brandon, Durham, DH7 8SH, and Mortgage Advice Centre, 126 Newgate St, Bishop Auckland, DL14 7EN. The Wolsingham solicitor handling the work for your sale or purchase can provide more information.

We are selling our jointly owned mansion flat at an auction, does your firm work with any especially fast Wolsingham solicitors ?

To be frank, a percentage of house buying and selling lawyers are slow, which brings additional misery to moving home.

We only allocate you to solicitors who are selected because they work quickly and endeavour to exert pressure through every part of the chain . Additionally , Homeward Legals conveyancing property lawyers are specifically chosen as they use leading edge software and technology systems to exchange on your house move fast.

Can I agree a sale price without involving an estate agent or solicitor?

This depends on whether you have signed up with an estate agent and what agreement is already in place. While it might seem unfair if you’ve found a buyer outside of the estate agency process and you’re expected to still pay the agent their fees on sale, you should be very careful about stepping outside the agreed terms and conditions since this is legally binding and you may face penalties as a result. Therefore, if you want to follow this course, it’s worth checking the details with a solicitor to ensure you’re following the letter of the law.

If you’re not with an agent, you can publicise your house details with a number of publications and online sites (some are free, others require a fee), but you’ll need to do all the legwork and administration. For a legal standpoint, you don’t need to appoint a solicitor to perform the conveyancing, but it would be an unwise option to pursue as you will probably have neither the training or experience in some its complexities, and you won’t have the protective indemnity insurance in the event of a problem arising with your work.

Can I change the purpose of use for a purchase as part of the conveyancing procedure?

Putting in a planning request to change the use of part or all of a property is a straightforward process and you can deal directly with the local authority, which authorises plans and requests. However, tying it in with a planned purchase of a property has its own problems, since you don’t yet formally own the property, and the length of time to get through the planning process (with no guarantee of success) will need to be factored into the purchase duration, which the seller may not agree to.

We would advise you to either buy the property and then put in the planning request after completion (or exchange at the very earliest), or buy a property that’s already fit for your purposes. Or you might be lucky to find a property that already has the relevant planning consents in place.